Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My little man is spreading awareness about being intact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I think I'm just weird I just don't think about penis' that much in general. Bigger fish to fry.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
my brother is intact. I remember being shocked and not knowing what was "wrong" with the first circ'd little boy I changed lol
Yeah, when I first saw my intact nephew I said...oh, they look different when they are still small, eh? My sis in law (trying not to laugh) explained he was intact. I was like.....oh....that makes sense. Everyone else in our family is circ'd and I wasn't able to hear anymore about it until being on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
I have 3 intact boys, likely the only ones the grandmas and aunts have ever seen. No one has ever said a word, but I have never hid them when I change them and all know we don't circumcise. I consider changing my intact babies in plain sight to be a free education too. I 'm just doing my part to dispel the myth that intact is rare or weird, and doing my part for it to become the "new normal".
My sis in law (different from above post) had a freakin' fit when she saw ds wasn't circ'd. She honestly went on over and over "omgosh....omgosh....you didn't circ him? Well, why wouldn't you.....well, when are you going to do it.....you can't leave him like that." I couldn't believe it. I just told her no, we aren't going to and yes we can leave him just the way he was born. She even said something to my mom.....my brother's wife.

I do change Will out and about, especially at the gym in the family locker area (only the shower rooms are private). In fact, just tonight he was way interested in saying hi to some other kid in their after I took his pull up off.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My mother had her first two sons circed. After witnessing the second circ(which was botched)she swore no more sons of hers would have this done to them. She didn't have another son for 13 more years. He is not circed.

My mother made it a point to tell all 4 of her daughters the trauma my brother went through because of her ignorance. She wanted to insure none of her grandsons would be circed. When she laid her hands to a video of a circ being performed she made sure to show it to her children and her clients(she is a midwife).

She now has 3(2 are my sons) grandsons. None of them are circed. Preventing my sons circs was a bit of a battle as my husband thought there must be a good reason to have them done. If there wasn't Americans wouldn't be having them done routinely on most infant boys
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
My mother had her first two sons circed. After witnessing the second circ(which was botched)she swore no more sons of hers would have this done to them. She didn't have another son for 13 more years. He is not circed.

My mother made it a point to tell all 4 of her daughters the trauma my brother went through because of her ignorance. She wanted to insure none of her grandsons would be circed. When she laid her hands to a video of a circ being performed she made sure to show it to her children and her clients(she is a midwife).

She now has 3(2 are my sons) grandsons. None of them are circed. Preventing my sons circs was a bit of a battle as my husband thought there must be a good reason to have them done. If there wasn't Americans wouldn't be having them done routinely on most infant boys
Our ds is the first non circ boy in our entire family. When my parents first found out they were a little about it, but were really good about it. They asked if we were sure and wanted some info about it (they did it only b/c that was what you did with a newborn boy) and they were greatful that I had looked into it and educated myself. I'm sure inside they were very unsure and may still be, but they have been great about it.

I had a huge battle with dh also, but in the end I felt stronger about it and had more valid reasons than he did. He just wasn't super thrilled when dd3 called it a bunny. She was only 2. Apparently, I don't annuciate well enough b/c I refer to it as what it is.....and the younger 2 girls call it his "peanuts."
Old 08-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
What are you confused about?