Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Ddc...

Another suggestion... Reflexology massage on your feet. I had one at 39 weeks from a pro. She said if your body is READY, it can jump start things in 24-48 hrs. Well about 26 hrs after my session, my water broke!. Not that its some magic, but couldn't hurt, right? Plus, it feels nice!.
The point on your feet that is linked to uterus is on the instep, right next to the heel. Have hubby press/rub there for a while.
Another accupressure point is in the webbing of your thumb/forefinger, close up to the joint in the hand. Squeeze there.
Good luck!

Advertisement

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: inducing labor

I tried it with my last baby and this one, last time at 38w4d, this time at 38w1d. Both times I'd been in prodromal labor for 2 weeks, and dilated to a 3. With DS, it worked like a charm. I had my membranes swept, came home and drank castor oil with orange juice, started labor 2hours later, and DS was born 90 minutes after that. This time I had my membranes swept, came home and drank castor oil, and got nothing but contractions every 5 minutes for hours that never went anywhere (well, that plus diarrhea) .

It's not super fun, but it can nudge you over into serious labor if your body is ready, and after weeks of prodromal labor I was more than willing to suffer some toilet-time for a chance to end the misery. I may even try it again in a week, but obviously it doesn't work if the baby isn't ready.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #13
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I just gave it a whirl- never tried it before. I mixed it with simply raspberry lemonade one tablespoon at a time, then chased it with a little raspberry lemonade. Honeslty I couldn't taste anything unpleasent at all. Guess I'll find out if it ends with a baby or just poop. I was having contractions back to back and almost 24 hours (painful) and they stopped almost completely, been losing my mucous plug in pieces all day. Nothing has started yet, so we will see what the evening holds.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #14
LleytonandJaydensmommy
DO NOT FSOT with! Unresolved transaction issues 2/2013!

My Mood:

Yeah i took it and had contractions 3 mins apart for 12 hours and got sent home because they weren't changing my cervix...Well i took it again and took a little more this time so maybe it will make contractions worse to change my cervix. If it doesn't work this time i give up lol.
LleytonandJaydensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

No baby for me either. Only pooped twice (nothing scary, just loose, and only on the toilet 5 mins or less each time) I started having contractions really close together, but not strong (way less intense than the ones I had naturally the day before) they fizzled out rather quickly. Woke up two different times during the night contracting a bit harder, but was able to fall asleep, so I guess the baby gets to stay in another day.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

I have read that EPO vaginally helps with softening the cervix. The softer the better?!?!?

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
UrbanGirl
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
Ddc...

Another suggestion... Reflexology massage on your feet. I had one at 39 weeks from a pro. She said if your body is READY, it can jump start things in 24-48 hrs. Well about 26 hrs after my session, my water broke!. Not that its some magic, but couldn't hurt, right? Plus, it feels nice!.
The point on your feet that is linked to uterus is on the instep, right next to the heel. Have hubby press/rub there for a while.
Another accupressure point is in the webbing of your thumb/forefinger, close up to the joint in the hand. Squeeze there.
Good luck!
This is what I plan on trying! I have heard that if your body is ready it'll definitely kick start labor! That and lots of baby dancing!! Hubby has a hormone that dilates the cervix if your body is ready and puts you into labor.

Good luck!!
UrbanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote