Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
splatz
Registered Users
seller

Re: help my homemade Christmas!

I made felt food for all of my nieces last year and they LOVED them. For the 4 year old girl, what about bows or baby doll clothes/diapers? I was supposed to be making DD a pillowcase dress & one for her baby doll for her birthday in a few weeks. Whoops... But, I bet a 4 year old would love that her & her doll match.

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I doing an apron with felt mixing bowl and spoons for my 2yo niece. The pattern is either mccalls or simplicity from Joann's. I may try to do some kind of twirly skirt too. For her birthday I'm making her a quilt. She's my only niece/nephew though so its easy to spoil her. Plus I only have 2 boys so sewing for a girl is a treat.

4yo ds is getting amario qlt, and 1yo ds will get a coordinating toddler bed quilt. I may try some car toys too, I love the idea of an art portfolio and car wallet. And a case for his ds and games is in the works.

Maybe a purse and wallet for the 12yo?
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and pillowcases! The magic tube type. Those are always a hit. And you can buy a yard of snuggle fabric and edge it with that satin blanket binding stuff. Those are easy and fun, and inexpensive if you buy with coupons over time.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira
Oh, and pillowcases! The magic tube type. Those are always a hit. And you can buy a yard of snuggle fabric and edge it with that satin blanket binding stuff. Those are easy and fun, and inexpensive if you buy with coupons over time.
What are the magic tube pillow cases? Sounds fun.

I subbing for ideas.

Right now I planning on making all three pajamas. I am just making flannel pants and then doing a matching appliqué on a t-shirt to keep it simple. I am thinking for my girls I might make a spa kit - matching wrap towel or robe and hair yowl like the turby twists you can buy and a matching bag with some lotion or something.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie714 View Post
What are the magic tube pillow cases? Sounds fun.

I subbing for ideas.

Right now I planning on making all three pajamas. I am just making flannel pants and then doing a matching appliqué on a t-shirt to keep it simple. I am thinking for my girls I might make a spa kit - matching wrap towel or robe and hair yowl like the turby twists you can buy and a matching bag with some lotion or something.
That sounds great! You could make matching pillowcases and use them as the gift bag, tied shut with ribbon. I like to use snuggle flannel for them when it's on sale cheap.

http://twiddletails.blogspot.com/201...llowcases.html
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Chocolate View Post
Wow, these are some fantastic ideas. I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this thread.
Ditto!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
gghmommy
Registered Users

This is the art folio I made for the little ones last year

http://jengerbreadcreations.blogspot...-tutorial.html

When I made additional ones, I increased the size to fit a dollar store coloring book, I also think if money's not too tight, the twist up crayons are great, they don't break and easy to slide into the slots. I think in the future, I may adjust the sticker pocket.
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

That's amazing. For sure doing pillow cases now. Those techniques could be use to add a cute cuff on the pajama pants as well. OP sorry for taking over your post. I will just sit back and watch now.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #19
jessreichenbach
**DO NOT B/S/T WITH THIS USER***

My Mood:

I made alot of gifts last Christmas for my Kids. One of the easiest and most loved was simple Freezer paper stencil Shirts. I made my & y/o son a Optimus Prime one, My 6y/o DD a Hello Kitty one (The cutest of them all I think, simple pink tee and black fabric paint thats it!!) and My 2 y/o dd a weiner dog one (Loves dogs!)

I recycled the back pockets from a pair of my sons old outgrown jeans sewed them together added a snap the top edge with a wide ribon strap, some vintage lace and zipper flower detail and she loves it! Fits her ipod and other little girly things perfect.

Made Aprons for my DD's to play with their play kitchen (or use when we make cookies)

This year I'm doing even more homemade christmas things. I learned a few basic Crochet stitches so everyone is getting hat/scarf combos, We're doing the matching Christmas eve PJ thing, I think I'll do pillow cases as well, a messenger style bag for my son (he likes to bring books, pencil crayons and his psp in the car but is always leaving stuff in there, this will be easy to tote them back and forth from house to car or grams house) Warm Fleecy robes for early mornings here in Maine... I have a million ideas.... now to find the time!!
Trainers
Diaper making Business liquidation
jessreichenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

There are some great ideas here! You could do matching outfits for the girls/dolls. Or like another poster said diapers and a sling, or clothes. Do you have the one yard wonder book? There is a pattern for a fabric doll house in there that is so cute!! I made one but I made mine a barn instead and it is adorable and well loved. DH made our kids a pair of stilts (kind of) by cutting a piece of 4X4 lumber into two 6 inch lengths. Then you just drill a hole about an inch and a half down from the top for a small rope to go through, and tie it in a loop to hold onto. They are really fun to play on for adults or kids!! We took ours to church one time and a 70+ year old woman had a blast with them! Bags to hold kids treasures go over well and are functional too. Or you could put together a basket of stuff so the kids could learn to create. Like a knitting basket, or woodworking basket or whatever. That's all the ideas I have on the top of my head but I'm going to be watching this thread!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote