Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Re: am i a bad parent for letting lo cry when i know hes tired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
yup, I agree with PP's - baby is overtired.

First yawn, rubbing eyes, staring off into space for a long time, sucking, etc are all signs of a sleepy baby.

Usually if you wait until they are fussy, you missed the boat and waited too long.

If you catch that first queue, life *usually* gets much easier. Problem is, not all babies have the same queues and not all babies do their queues to the same extent, so it can mean a lot of watching for mama. But once you get it, you'll get it and it will be much easier.

Also, I noticed you said something about "after two hours..." Two hours can be a LONG time for a 3 mo old to be awake. If I am remembering correctly, my babies were usually sleepy and ready for nap at that age by 45 mins of awake time, 90 mins MAX. maybe he is just awake way too long?

yea i hate to admit it but for some time he would stay up for 3-5 hours at a time with no ques at all. he wouldnt be fussy though and then fall asleep peacefully. apparently his dad would never nap...

how ever i have noticed owen loves his sleep and since i posted this i have paid closer attention to ques. i then set him down and about half of the time he can sleep on his own. i only have to resort to the unwind cry if we have gone out or if the inlaws (which i live with) rudely interrupt his patterns

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #32
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That's great! Glad your finding solutions!!