Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
chandlrb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best prefold?

I have not tried DR but I do own GMD, Bummis, and Econobum. GMD wins here. I love the different sizes compared to some brands having a general "Infant" size.

Advertisement

chandlrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I didn't know this about Imagines. Is this true w/all of their PFs or just the nb?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Just the x-small (their nb size) - they are 3x6x3 rather than 4x8x4 like the other sizes. They worked fine for us and fit great but I've never tried any other NB size PF to compare...
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
cottongirl
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
I just ordered some medium Diaper Rite prefolds and they are amazing! They are unbelievably soft and super quilty.

I had Imagine NB and GMD smalls... they aren't nearly as soft (but they are quilty and work just fine). Before I tried the DR prefolds I never understood all the fuss about soft prefolds - they all seemed pretty much the same to me. Now I get it... I wish I had had DR for my NB and Small prefolds too!
This is my experience, too. My Diaper Rites are my softest and by far my quiltiest (seriously...these things are egg-crate quilty). The pilling on all my prefolds has been pretty minimal except for a couple batches... I have a few pilly GMD larges and all my premium chinese prefolds from Cotton Babies were very pilly. Never had a pilly batch of DR's, though, and at this point that's most of my stash.

I still use my CD-friendly fabric softener in every load because all of them tend to get a bit rougher than I like over time. The initial softness of my Diaper Rites was off the charts, and I think that spoiled me a bit.

ETA: I also love that DR's aren't starting to get tags like Imagines and some GMD's now have. If I had tags on my prefolds, I'd probably have to line up all the tags when I'm stacking them on the changing table.

Last edited by cottongirl; 09-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.
cottongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
fuzzynoodle
Registered Users
seller

Another vote for Diaper Rites! I primarily use them stuffed into a pocket or trifolded in a Weehugger, and have never had a leak. And the price is "rite" too!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yup Diaper Rites here too. I love GMD I do but the extra width and ridiculous softness of the Diaper Rite can't be beat.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've tried Bummies (infant sized), Zabi baby (rainbow edge size) and Diaper Rite (both in the green and orange edge). Other than the sizing, I really haven't noticed a significant difference between any of them. I guess the DR might feel softer, but I assumed that was because they were larger - maybe they really are softer?

I'd just make sure they have the same number of layers and are the size you like.
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote