Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

food for 10mo

regarding solids, do you keep feeding your kid until THEY act like they are done, or do you fix a set amount and when it is gone it is gone?

I ask because my 10mo seems to be eating a lot more lately. I'm still not sure if it is a growth spurt or her new normal. I don't want to be overfeeding her, but on the other hand I don't want to deny her food if she is still hungry and wanting it.

Advertisement

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
emerino
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey<3Gavin
regarding solids, do you keep feeding your kid until THEY act like they are done, or do you fix a set amount and when it is gone it is gone?

I ask because my 10mo seems to be eating a lot more lately. I'm still not sure if it is a growth spurt or her new normal. I don't want to be overfeeding her, but on the other hand I don't want to deny her food if she is still hungry and wanting it.
I eyeball the amount and feed the baby until she doesn't want any more. If she eats it all and is crying/fussing for more food, I'll fix more or nurse her.

It's probably just a growth spurt. I never noticed my kids to all of a sudden eat more and it stay that way...it always balances back out.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
firsttimeclothmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: food for 10mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerino View Post
I eyeball the amount and feed the baby until she doesn't want any more. If she eats it all and is crying/fussing for more food, I'll fix more or nurse her.

It's probably just a growth spurt. I never noticed my kids to all of a sudden eat more and it stay that way...it always balances back out.
This. It was also right around 10 months that we started teaching signs to LO. Now he usually will sign "more" if he's still hungry and we ask, or more commonly now that he's 13 months, he'll try to lift up his tray and say "All Done!"
Old 09-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I always figured since it was their belly they knew if it was empty or full. If they wanted 3rd, 4th helpings then ok. If they only ate 1/4 of what I gave them then that was fine too.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feed until I get a firm rejection.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

She does have pretty clear signals of when she is not interested any more. She either starts feeding it all to the dog :roflbo: or just won't tough the food any more. Sometimes I just second guess myself and I don't know why.

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote