Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God
Why not Walmart? Well I just made an order for workhorse diapers and shipping is high for us. Then asked but she will not ship the flats out because of the cost and I could get cheaper flats but if they are better than the others then what am I suppose to do?
Because the Walmart flats are awful and tiny. You can get flour sack towels from Walmart bough just don't get the flats from the baby aisle

Advertisement

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why are used gmd flats going for more on FSOT than the store?

Walmart flats are super super thin, not very absorbent, really small and pill like crazy! I have some. We use them as clean up towels in the kitchen.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

To use as flats the Walmart gerber flats are useless. I do however like to use them as doublers. I pad fold our gerber flats and place them in my imagine, osocozy, or diaperite flats. This let's me get away with not getting bigger flats. As needed we can simply add another pad folded gerber flat. In a pinch I have used 3-4 gerber flats. I was at Walmart and realized I had forgotten the diaper bag. Instead of buying sposies I bought gerber flats. They worked pretty well even though they were not prepped. I figured since I would use them pad folded I wasn't wasting money like I would be getting a package of sposies.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
splatz
Registered Users
seller

The high cost of shipping sort of kills the deals you can find on prefolds/ flats.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

But thier kitchen ones are good? I not even sure of the Canada ones carry them i thought I checked one time.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
yl33k
Registered Users
seller

you can get flour sack towels at walmart in canada. well at least at mine you can. its like 5 for 7 somthing
yl33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GMD prefolds ARE the best
starbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am apparently in the minority, but I love Gerber flats. I used them all the time on DD1. I doubled them up, folded them in half the short way, then bikini twisted. Now I have a full stash of pfs for DD2, so the Gerber flats pretty much get used as burp cloths. They've been washed so much that they're crazy soft and way past pilling. I think the pilling disappeared after the first week or two.

But I have to say, I totally don't understand why people buy or sell used flats. LO isn't big enough for my GMD larges, but I still use them all the time for carpet spills, burp rags, changing pads, drool bibs, floor coverings for tummy time, and the list goes on. There are always a few floating around each level of my house. The more they get used and washed, the softer they get. And the cost of shipping them is close to the cost of buying them at retail, so I can't for the life of me see why it would be worth the effort.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used Gerber flats in the past, they will work but I didn't find them to be very absorbent, maybe doubled would be fine, may be bulky. Lots of people love the Walmart/ SAMs club or target flour sack towels. I haven't tried those but they are inexpensive and you could probably pick them up local.

Receiving blankets can make good flats in a pinch, so far gmd smalls are the best newborn ones in my opinion. I also love imse vimse 75g muslin squares for newborns cause they are so soft but they are discontinued and are not quite as absorbent as the gmd's.

Last edited by marliah; 09-06-2012 at 03:03 PM.
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote