Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #71
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 31 aug to 6 sep chat!

That is *pitocin* not pinto.

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #72
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
So glad the u/s are going great!!!! Yay!!!

Question!! Are your bellies reminiscent of beer bellies? I mean, mine is protruding, buts its giggly and gross. Makes me want to vomit when I see myself naked. I was only 6lb overweight to begin with and wasnt too upset with my body, but now.....ugh. only 1lb gained, but it looks and feels like 8lb of blubber.......*cry*
My belly definitely isnt firm like a pregnant belly. I really think it just that my stomach skin and muscles are stretched down there so the uterus is pushing things out. I am not sure how much I gained as I am not sure where I started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie
I had a consultation with an ob yesterday. He is very supportive of natural birth! He had a mama with pre eclampsia a few days ago so instead of inducing her with pinto in or something, he put her in the birthing tub with breast pump and she went into labor and had the natural labor she wanted. He also delivers in the tub or whatever the mama wants. I loved him! Still trying to decide between himand a birth center with midwives, but the MW rotate call so I would just get whoever was on when I went into labor. The ob I saw attends more than 95 percent of his mamas births and he was recommended to me by everyone I asked! Opinions or experiences ladies? Really excited about it. I am about 8.5 weeks so I will have my first real appt at 12 weeks next month and should finally get to hear the heartbeat I think! You can hear the heartbeat with a Doppler at 12 weeks huh? I am very thin if that makes a difference. So excited!
How long are you allowed/have to stay post birth? I read of one birth center where all mamas and babies left within 12 hours of birth. That would be waaaay to soon for me. Birth centers are illegal in my state so I havent ever been to one.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #73
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The birth center is attached to another hospital so you have to stay at least 24 hours.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #74
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyWmom View Post
A Hutterite Colony??? How interesting. Not everyday you hear that one. This is his first year? How many students does he teach? (sorry, for all the question, just a reality tv junky)

He's only doing afternoons at the colony, and when he returns to full-time teaching (plan is for this after xmas break) he will be teaching mornings at his school (where he's taught for 6yrs) and afternoons with the colony. He's really hoping a full time position will open up at a/this colony.
It's a very different environment, they have a different moral compass, kwim? He had troubles last year - obviously losing Elliana definitely compounded things, but still - where some kids were blaming everything on him/his teaching. Basically? He was giving them 60's (which they deserved) instead of 80's (which the parents thought the kids should be getting). He refused to bend to their pressure and they got very mean and rude, attacking him and our family (in emails), threatening to pull their kids from the school, refusing to allow him to teach their kids. Just stupid stuff.
Anyways, he won't face that at the colony They actually believe in hard work, and working to earn things instead of having it handed to you. And they don't put huge emphasis on the actual #s, they want the kids to have their education and grade 12 diplomas.

It's not really rare up here. There are a lot of colonies outside the cities, and many of them have "off colony" teachers

So, yes, this is his first year teaching on the colony. But he has done IITV (satellite tv) classes with colonies since he started teaching.
He is teaching 2 grade 10 courses (6 students in grade 10) and 1 grade 12 course (5? or 6? kids there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Question!! Are your bellies reminiscent of beer bellies?
Definitely not hard like it will be when "full of baby", but it's not really squishy. I can definitely feel "stuff" in there (organs I assume).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcannon View Post
I just spent an hour reading about Hutterites. I'd never heard of them before! You learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
I had a consultation with an ob yesterday. He is very supportive of natural birth!
Wow! That sounds like a great care provider!

Yeah, usually they'll use the doppler at or very near 12wks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
How long are you allowed/have to stay post birth? I read of one birth center where all mamas and babies left within 12 hours of birth. That would be waaaay to soon for me. Birth centers are illegal in my state so I havent ever been to one.
I've stayed different lengths of time after my births, but I left after 12 hrs with DS1 I would have been able to stay longer, but I wanted to go home.
This was at our hospital, we have no birth center here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
The birth center is attached to another hospital so you have to stay at least 24 hours.
You don't have to stay that long, you can always leave when you want to - although it may, technically, be AMA.

AFM: Ugh. We've got so much going on tonight and I'm still not sure how we're going to manage getting everywhere. Zech has karate in town (45 minutes away), there's a parent info meeting at the school (just down the street), and Ruth and Isaac have gymnastics registration (another town 15 minutes away) - trouble is they all start at 7pm!
If I was feeling fine it wouldn't be a big problem, but I'm always feeling really crappy by that point and I don't wanna be running around doing stuff! Boo.
MIL would help out, but she has a movie night for the kids at her school tonight too!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #75
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

i am so tired, and this has been a really really long stressful week. My laptop broke, someone stole my phone and the water heater went out. I need a break....I am just worn out. and I starting to worry about my blood sugar. If I don't eat every 2-3 hours I get the shakes and light headed and just feel sick. yesterday it took like 2 hours after I ate to feel normal again. I am glad I have an appt monday so I can talk to my midwife about it
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #76
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im pretty sure thats how public schools are. Im a teacher....was a teacher, and found parents rarely held their kids accoutable. Its sad. I actually lost my taste for teaching BC it was so discouraging. Now I have a crapton of student loans and no motivation to go back to work to pay them:*(
Maybe private/Christian school will be different....not sure. Now that im PG, I wont be needi.g to worry about this for awhile.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #77
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
i am so tired, and this has been a really really long stressful week. My laptop broke, someone stole my phone and the water heater went out. I need a break....I am just worn out. and I starting to worry about my blood sugar. If I don't eat every 2-3 hours I get the shakes and light headed and just feel sick. yesterday it took like 2 hours after I ate to feel normal again. I am glad I have an appt monday so I can talk to my midwife about it
Oh goodness! for a week like that. Definitely something to mention to your MW - she may want the GD test done earlier than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Im pretty sure thats how public schools are. Im a teacher....was a teacher, and found parents rarely held their kids accoutable. Its sad. I actually lost my taste for teaching BC it was so discouraging. Now I have a crapton of student loans and no motivation to go back to work to pay them:*(
Maybe private/Christian school will be different....not sure. Now that im PG, I wont be needi.g to worry about this for awhile.
Oh, we know. His mom is a teacher/principal and his brother is a teacher as well, so there's lots of different experiences. Last year was just the worst for him - it was definitely compounded by our personal/family troubles. He's always had the odd student/parent like this, but these folks went/have gone beyond anything he's dealt with before.
As example, they've still been harassing him all summer (emailing him really horrid emails through his personal address, which was given to them by the principal because he didn't want to deal with it anymore himself... even though that's his job) and were doing this the whole time he was on leave. He's been in contact with his union and disability reps about it as well.

It really is rediculous, IMO - (totally generalization here, as I don't even include us in this description) parents expect the teachers/school to teach their kids everything including "life skills" and expect that every kid will have honors marks, but they allow the teachers/schools less and less room to do anything and they expect their kids not to have to do any work.
It really drives me crazy, listening to some of the crap he has to deal with. Heck, I've helped marks tests/exams for him (though I don't look at the names and wouldn't know the kids even if I did) and THOSE KIDS DON'T DESERVE HONORS! Trust me, if your kid hands in NOTHING all year, and gets 20% on an exam... maybe you should be asking the kid why and making HIM show you his work all done, not blaming the teacher.

And, like I said, I don't include us in that generalization. Our kids show us their agendas every day when they get home. If there is homework to be done (rarely, but still) or anything that needs to be handed in, it's done by them and overseen by us.
Yes. Sometimes the parents have to do some of the work!

Sorry. Touchy subject.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #78
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ditto!!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #79
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I dont have any school aged kids or teaching background, but I agree! Dh and I debated what kind of school to send ds to (dh went to Montessori and I went public). In the end we both agreed that OUR involvement in our kid's education is what would make or break whatever formal education we decide on (public or private). Hope this school year shapes up better for him!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #80
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

New thread: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1441006