Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Thinking Christmas?

my sons both like those little things like bakugans, lego ninjagos and they really want the hotwheel ballistiks cars, my 4 year old loves anything fire trucks and police so I was thinking maybe one of the matchbox big boots play sets or a rescue bot? I am not sure though can't seem to find any reviews to compare them.

earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #22
Registered Users

Love your idea for categories for Christmas gifts! I may try that this year.
MiriRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
My Mood:

We decided to do the want/need/play/read thing this year too.
6yo DS
want: ?? MAYBE a nintendo DS, MAYBE. most likely one of the random "o.m.gee. I HAVE to have that" toys that he'll see in one of nine trillion commercials soon
need: clothes, or a nice pair of DC or etnies shoes...this boy is obsessed with shoes and while he doesn't really NEED another pair, he does have a lot of clothes already too. We've also considered a toy for the want and a basic bare-bones laptop for a need because he *will* need a computer for school soon.
play: a "long-neck" dinosaur...its "the only one I don't have mom!!" bingo $2 bin at walmart
read: we're getting a kindle fire for him & his younger sister to share...reading covered, and it lets me have my nook back. The cost of this is a big part as to why we're considering no other electronics and there's such indecision going on with them.

4yo DD:
want: merida doll (from the Brave movie)
need: more clothes...cause, ya know, the diva fashionista needs more clothes She's been begging for a pair of knee-high high top twinkle toes shoes too thanks to her best friend having a pair. Also considering a bike...I know its not technically a need, but she doesn't have one, hasn't learned how to ride, and keeps wanting to steal her brother's bike to try to that's kind of a need, right?
play: monster high doll (or a couple if I find a good price/sale)
read: same as her brother, sharing a kindle fire with him.

1yo DS:
want: ??? he wants boobs. and food. and more boobs.
need: clothes...he definitely will be needing clothes, he's gearing up for a growth spurt, hopefully we can hold off on getting too much before Christmas
play: ??? two older siblings, brother was first grandbaby for both sides, sister was first grand-daughter for both sides. I seriously think we own one of everything from the fisher price baby toy line NO CLUE here. Heck, his 1st bday is in a bit less than 3 weeks and I have no clue what to get for THAT, much less for Christmas.
read: board books. at least I know something that I"m getting. I feel better now

Christmas Eve tradition is for each of the kids to open a new pair of jammies (not included in the "wear/need" part), make cookies, and watch polar express. And looks like we spend a fortune on Christmas...we don't I shop sales all year, do swagbucks to earn amazon gift cards, have no issues buying good-condition used items, and we save for a "big" Christmas...sadly, our Christmas is outshined by family members every year and the kids seem to never even care about what they get from us because they get every.single.thing. they ask for from grandparents and aunties and they're burned out by the time we get home...its sickening, we've asked for it to stop, and it doesn't. The kids donate a LOT of toys before Christmas, always shop for angels on the angel tree, etc.
Brenna, all around AP'ing, trying to be crunchier, stay at home mama to Ash, Bryn, and our little Rebel Journey, wife to Nate
Come swag with me!! I've earned $75 in FREE Amazon gift cards just by searching

Last edited by smashncakes; 09-06-2012 at 04:05 PM.
smashncakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #24
Registered Users

DS1 is almost 5. He will be getting:
From Santa:
One of the bigger star wars lego sets (He wants 3 different ones that are all over $100!)
A smaller lego set -pirates of the carribean (got on clearance for $15)
A set of lego sheets (only has one set of sheets so its a need)
stocking- new case for his ipod touch (gma got it for him last year and the case if looking pretty rough, socks, a little lego, a lego shirt that I got on clearance for $3.20!, star wars tooth brush, and a treat
From mom and dad- storm trooper helmet that talks (got on clearance $7)

DS2 is 3.5. He will be getting:
From Santa:
Train set (I will probably get him a Thomas set or a Chuggington set or a dinosaur train set to add to one of the sets he has since we have so many trains but that is what he loves!)
A Giant Thomas look and find book I got at goodwill for $2.99. It is about 18 inches by 15 inches and looks new.
A set of Thomas sheets for his bed (he only has one set so it is a need also)
In his stocking: a case for his ipod touch (grandma is getting his the ipod for christmas), socks, and 2 more things (probably trains), Thomas tooth brush, and a treat.
From mom and dad: storm trooper helmet that talks (got on clearance $7)

I may get them both light sabers to go with their helmets but i'm not sure yet.
mama to DS1 7.5 DS2 6
Baby due 2.21.16
reneaumommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #25

Formerly Q......9
My Mood:

Mp3 player & card for 50 songs (got it)
Nerf gun
Wimpy kid book (pre-ordered)
Wimpy kid dvd(pre-ordered)

Llama Llama book (pre-ordered)
Pjs (waiting on package arrival)
Power Rangers Zord (have it at my mom's)
Percy engine for train set
Bland nap inducing dvd yet to be determined

Llama llama board book
A+A dream blanket
Wooden stacking toy

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote