Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:
anyone else following ww while pregnant?

had lost almost 50 pounds in between pregnancies with weight watchers (and all 65 that i gained with #2) when i found out i was expecting again.

stopped counting pts for first trimester, but after finally getting in to see midwife she said it's fine to continue as long as i add calories for the baby.

i am still overweight and really want to avoid gaining more than 15-25 as was suggested by midwife.

is anyone else tracking through their pregnancy? any tips?

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am only 5 weeks, but am keeping track of calories with my fitness pal. I don't lose weight period, but I normally keep track so I don't gain. I just changed the calories settings so I get more. I am also trying to keep up the same workout routine for as long as I can. So no advice as I'm just getting started in this pregnancy, but you are certainly not alone in trying to keep weight gain to a minimum!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else following ww while pregnant?

FWIW, Michelle Duggar does this every.time. I think she follows the breastfeeding plan to add the extra calories during pregnancy?
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Breastfeeding requires many more calories than being pregnant, just so you know. I am not on WW, but am trying to watch my weight and not gain the 41lbs I did last time!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Breastfeeding requires many more calories than being pregnant, just so you know. I am not on WW, but am trying to watch my weight and not gain the 41lbs I did last time!
right. i thought about that, but the plan would be for weight loss. so i figure for pregnancy you are supposed to be gaining at least a little then it evens out....
Old 09-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymatus

right. i thought about that, but the plan would be for weight loss. so i figure for pregnancy you are supposed to be gaining at least a little then it evens out....
Oh, didn't realize you were trying to lose. I would just follow your regular WW plan until 3rd trimester unless your MW recommends otherwise. That's when baby grows the most & requires the most caloric energy from you, anyway. good luck!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use www.myfitnesspal.com too in pregnancy and not.