Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #171
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage
(snip)
What I wanted to say is that having a large family can be a lot of fun, but the downsides can be quite serious and can last for generations. A lot of my cousins have had serious struggles growing up, probably from similar issues as those I struggled with with my mom. I love all my aunts, uncles and cousins, but if I could shrink my family to still have my grandparents, and give my mom a normal childhood, I would in a heartbeat. There's a reason all of us have had small families since.
I'm so sorry you have a hard time with your grandparents & parents choice to have large families. I'm sorry for your loss & I am sure you truly miss your grandparents.

However, I do not think your post was needed in this thread. This is a positive & encouraging thread for mamas who have chosen to leave their childbearing up to God or for those who want to. It's negative perspectives like yours that we are trying to get away from, YKWIM? Everyone in our culture is negative when it comes to large families or being open to large families, so we are searching for the few & far between mamas who are like minded in this area.

I'm in no way trying to hurt your feelings or scare you off, just wanted to point out that your input & story was not helpful or encouraging.

Advertisement

TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #172
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Esage- part of that, if not all sounds like other issues than just family size. Not trying to invalidate your concerns but show another point of view. Anyone can lose their health (smoking, drinking, bad eating habits, etc) and those have nothing to do with how many children you have. All of us at times make choices in which the consquences follow us for a life-time. However at least for us on this thread, believe God is the creator of Life. Who are we to say- you know maybe if I had only had EJ and not Ani my life would have been better..... Could any of us look at our child(ren) and think- i wish i hadnt had you. If your grandparents hadnt had your mom, you wouldnt exist. I think God had a reason for each child (even if we cant see the whys).
Anyhoo- not trying to be contentious- just giving food for thought. Im so blessed to read this thread- all of it
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #173
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by erin_c_odonnell; 09-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #174
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amen! BTW I was an unwanted child but I know God wanted me and God loves me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Esage- part of that, if not all sounds like other issues than just family size. Not trying to invalidate your concerns but show another point of view. Anyone can lose their health (smoking, drinking, bad eating habits, etc) and those have nothing to do with how many children you have. All of us at times make choices in which the consquences follow us for a life-time. However at least for us on this thread, believe God is the creator of Life. Who are we to say- you know maybe if I had only had EJ and not Ani my life would have been better..... Could any of us look at our child(ren) and think- i wish i hadnt had you. If your grandparents hadnt had your mom, you wouldnt exist. I think God had a reason for each child (even if we cant see the whys).
Anyhoo- not trying to be contentious- just giving food for thought. Im so blessed to read this thread- all of it
Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #175
JumperJulie
Registered Users

I was going to read all the posts before I posted myself, but I just have to jump in because I love a few things and don't want to forget them: 1. I love the in-laws who gave advice on how to answer rude nay-sayers. Love it. 2. I totally didn't draw the connection between wearing skirts and the way people treat me as compared to wearing pants. Strangely, I started wearing skirts and dresses full time over a year before we made our commitment to let God decide the size/spacing of our family, so now I guess I know why I haven't gotten any rude comments about my family size and new pregnancy lately. Isn't that observant/funny! and 3. I am in the same boat with any mama who is sometimes afraid of the thought of how many children I could end up with, but it's a very superficial fear (for me) and it hasn't really hit me very hard yet (don't know how to explain it better than that).

My husband and I didn't truly make this commitment till earlier this year. We already had 7 children and were planning on 10. It's kind of a scary place to be - a few months short of 32 years old, already with 7 children, possibly many childbearing years left, and making a new commitment of letting God decide. We've decided for us that means no preventing and no active "trying." Two months after making this new commitment, I got pregnant with baby #8, due Feb. 2013. Whew! We are very excited! God has always provided for us and we're learning more and more everyday about the fact that when we do what God wants for us, even if (and perhaps especially if) it goes against popular cultural thought, we are happy and fulfilled and unafraid. Thanks for all the support in this thread! <3
JumperJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #176
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are going on 5 years of marriage and are following natural family planning. We have a 2 and 1 year old. I had several miscarriages, and an e-pregnancy before our first, it was really difficult to not use birth control after going through that, but we made it. Our friends think we are a bit crazy, sometimes I struggle with being open to children, but in the end we leave childbearing up to god.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #177
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We decided to allow the Lord to plan our family over 5 years ago. Wev had our weak moments where we waivered because life has challenging times, but the Lord always brings us back. We have 7 children and one on the way. They range mainly from 13-19 months apart. We have a 10, 7, 6, 5, 3, 2 and 10 month old with one on the way. I'm so thankful for each one. They are always teaching me something and the Lords timing for them is always perfect. Its such a jog to watch them grow an it truly is a blessing to raise children for the glory of God. Its not for the faint of heart thats for sure. Its challenging hard work every day. We arent just called to have them but to raise and disciple them, which takes a lot of time, effort and prayer. My older kids are coming to the age where they are so helpful, and they love to talk about all the things in their lives. And its such a joy to see how much everyone loves having a baby around, and they are always overjoyed with the news of a new little one on the way. God is good. Sometimes it can be overwhelming but I find thats usually when Im trying to do it on my own strength and understanding and not on His. He wont give you more then you can handle with Him, but we need to remember we need His strength to accomplish raising these little ones for His glory.

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #178
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am confused with what DH and I will do. We have 4 children, one was planned (our second). I have not used BC since before I became pregnant with #2, and now wondering what I should do. DH doesn't want any more, and I am not quite sure we can AFFORD any more. We can't fit any more children in our small home, that's for sure. I came from a family of 9 children, so I wouldn't be opposed to having more... the more the merrier, BUT we have limited income and space. #3 and #4 were VERY much a surprise. I can't imagine life without them though! As of right now, DH is planning on getting a V. I want to leave it up to God, and SHOULD trust that He has a better plan for me!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #179
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I'm Chelsea We are leaving our childbearing up to God as well. We currently have 1 boy (3), 1 girl (2), and are hoping God blesses us with another soon if it is his plan .
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #180
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome new mamas!!