Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Registered Users
Thinking of weaning

I have had severe supply issues from day one and have tried everything (herbs, pumping, drugs, water, oatmeal . . . you name it). I came to terms about 2 months ago with the fact that DD would nurse when she will and get the majority of her nutrition from formula. She is almost 5 months and at this point pretty much just nurses in the morning and evening. I have been trying to pump to keep comfortable during the day, but I am now in a lot of pain on one side from what I believe is a blocked duct. I tried to get her to nurse mid-day today to help sooth and empty my breast, but she wouldn't have it.

I have grown to hate pumping with a passion and I wish I could just nurse when she "feels like it". . . My goal at this point is to make it to 6 months, and I know some people make it years, but with my low supply and her increasing lack of interest, I think it's getting to be time.

It makes me sad to think that we might possibly lose that special time together, but at the same time, the stress makes me a cranky mommy. Nothing about breastfeeding has been what I hoped and dreamed of.

SAHM to My Supergirl (4-12) and baby boy (due 5-15)
Shop at Diaper Safari Always Free Shipping with no minimum purchase!
Hi-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
Re: Thinking of weaning

I'm so sorry mama. You gotta do what works for your family. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you- doing all that pumping and nursing yet needing mostly formula for your baby's nutrition.
Proud wife to Air Force DH. Honored SAHM to my twins Samuel and David.
EP'ed for 1 year!
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Thinking of weaning

Just wanted to say I was sorry and although I don't have the same problems, breast feeding for me has also not been what I hoped and dreamed about. You're not alone.
Bornmommy is offline   Reply With Quote