Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hope you all feel better soon. I's get some Emergen-C and try to stave it off a bit longer.

I'm not looking forward to sick days. There's just me to stay home, which means missed classes.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

Advertisement

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who stays home? Sick kid...

I am the only one to stay home since its just me..but in your situtation I would say that you stay home and DH goes to work. You are more established in your work and overall while you make more..you have to look at long term rather than just a few days.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always stay home. Dh's job offers him sick leave and mind doesn't...but dh just doesn't do "sick" well...he's always scared he's going to get sick.

In your case I would probably stay home...let him get more established in his job.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

In your case you should stay home. DH & I split sick days. He works 1st half, I go in later.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sounds like you have it figured out. In our house, it depends on the day and situation. Usually I stay home because my job is more flexible, but its unpaid. If DH takes time off, it's paid, but he has to catch up any work he misses which can be really tough to do. If I can't take the day off, DH will; it's just harder for him.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

When I worked we rotated days. There were days I just took the child with me and they laid around my office.

In your case, I'd send dh to work.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH is the primary breadwinner so I usually stay home plus my work is a lot more flexible and I can work from home. If I have an important meeting or something that I need to be in the office, DH will stay home.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Dh. He can work from home and he is given 35 days of paid time off a year. At the business I work at, there is only 1 person manning the front at one time (and right now, only 2 of us to cover 8:30am-10:30pm Mon-Fri) so if I don't go in, we just can't run the business.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

In your shoes Id stay home, send him to work.

Luckily the last time this became an issue I was off anyways but I think we'd go by the situation if it happened before I go out on mat leave, I am paid hourly and have to take time unpaid to be off but there's no issue with me calling out either. DH is military and right now not really busy, so chances are he'd ask to come home (or stay home), he may have to go in, do PT and then he'd be free for the day so I would go into work at that point.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It sounds like you got t worked out. In my house it is SO as he make a salary with personal days as well as family sick days. I have no such things and get paid hourly. The only exception being when SO is working out of town then I have too and that is of course when my children get sick.

I work in an Early Learning center and I would say most families split it up pretty evenly