Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

We are going to a Dinosaur exhibit. DS1 is so excited he has been talking about it for weeks. He actually had a countdown for it. He is so into dinos, he knows all the dinos and what time period they lived and the continent they come from. He has been into them since about 18 months. He saw a book at my parents house and that was it. Ds2 is excited to he knows all about dinos bc ds1 teaches him but other than that he probably could care less if it wsa dinos or butterflys--he goes along for the ride.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I dont have any school aged kids or teaching background, but I agree! Dh and I debated what kind of school to send ds to (dh went to Montessori and I went public). In the end we both agreed that OUR involvement in our kid's education is what would make or break whatever formal education we decide on (public or private). Hope this school year shapes up better for him!
I definitely agree that your involvement will make a huge difference with his education, but I also think it somewhat depends on the school. Some schools & teachers are better than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Almost missed it today! How is everyone? Big plans for the weekend?

We have a lot of errands and not much else. I am going to start DS's Halloween costume tomorrow.
We have to run errands today - get groceries and whatnot, DS1 NEEDS a haircut (school pics are Wednesday!). And DD and MIL volunteered to help at the church's fall kick-off thing, so we are supposed to stop by there as well.
I'm just hoping not to feel too terrible

I don't want to think about halloween yet! There's so much to do before then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
No big plans, just regular survival mode! Had another US today to confirm 1 baby only, got to see my adorable little baby kicking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Day two on the drugs and I'm only nauseous, not vomiting!
I've heard this from others taking it as well, that it stops the vomiting but they still feel nauseated, and I don't think it would end up helping me much. Boo. I haven't vomited, just feel really sick and like I'm about to all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
We had our 2nd ultrasound today. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the vaginal probe? Too. Perfect. 143 beats/min. It was amazing. Best day. Dh works this weekend so I will just be cleaning (blah) and relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
I am hoping to try my hand at painting some flats to trade. Really I love to be creative and tie-dye is too "easy.". Lol. I think I'm going to try a train and a My Little Pony on the first two. We draw those all the time around our house.
Post in the craft thread when you're done!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

I had an u/s yesterday and we got to see the baby kicking! It was great! I'm getting anxious to know the sex so I can plan, so we ordered a blood test to detect fetal sex. We should know the sex of the baby around the 19th!
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage View Post
I had an u/s yesterday and we got to see the baby kicking! It was great! I'm getting anxious to know the sex so I can plan, so we ordered a blood test to detect fetal sex. We should know the sex of the baby around the 19th!
for seeing baby! on finding out gender that early! Whoa!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
mdm81888
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've got to get my house in order and the guest room cleaned up, because my in-laws who live 12 hrs a way are coming for a 2-4 day visit complete with their dogs. I'm just so exhausted...Hopefully I can get hubby to help me as soon as he's finished helping my dad with his car. Also must work a 4 day week and try not to over do it.
mdm81888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage
Wow! I had no idea you could find out so early. How accurate is the blood test?

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm81888 View Post
I've got to get my house in order and the guest room cleaned up, because my in-laws who live 12 hrs a way are coming for a 2-4 day visit complete with their dogs. I'm just so exhausted...Hopefully I can get hubby to help me as soon as he's finished helping my dad with his car. Also must work a 4 day week and try not to over do it.
Good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
for seeing baby! on finding out gender that early! Whoa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
Wow! I had no idea you could find out so early. How accurate is the blood test?
Lol!

The ones they use in Europe are 98% accurate, but the one we used here in the US (Pink or Blue by Consumer Genetics) is 95% accurate, assuming you haven't recently miscarried a boy or gotten a transplant from a male donor. They have a money-back guarantee, so I feel comfortable with that. An u/s tech won't give a money back guarantee, certainly!
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #18
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Wow I had no idea they could determine sex that early! Is that something most drs offices carry or do they send off the bloodwork to the company? Does insurance cover that or is it OOP and if it's OOP, can I ask how much it was? How many wks along are you and when is it recommended? Is it just a normal blood draw from your arm?
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #19
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Wow I had no idea they could determine sex that early! Is that something most drs offices carry or do they send off the bloodwork to the company? Does insurance cover that or is it OOP and if it's OOP, can I ask how much it was? How many wks along are you and when is it recommended? Is it just a normal blood draw from your arm?
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I wrote too soon....here are the amazon reviews, it gets terrible reviews. Sounds much like the intelligender which claims 90% accuracy but in reality it doesn't get very accurate results. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

If the link doesn't work, just search "pink or blue gender test" on amazon.

Edited...boy, their reviews are simply terrible. Much worse than intelligender which at least had approx 50% happy clients (the half the got the right gender). I'd highly recommend no one else waste money on them...they have an F from the BBB. And according to the reviews, you'll have a heck of a fight on your hands to get your money back and you won't get it all back.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 09-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.