Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Super Moderator
Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: What would you bring from the states to Germany in preparation for a new baby?

Keep in mind you wont be able to use the seat bought in Germany should you move back home, assuming you are only here a short term. EU seats are illegal for use in the US. You are allowed to use a US seat in Germany only because of your Sofa status, for a civilian it is also illegal to use a US seat.

Rena , Married to my German BFF T . Mom to 2 energizer bunnies L (12/2010) and E (10/2012). Come play with me: ISO/IHA, M2M,
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What would you bring from the states to Germany in preparation for a new baby?

Luckily, we aren't here short term. The baby will out grow the infant carseat way before we have to move back, but thanks for the heads up! We just got back from our visit to the states and I got most things that were mentioned. Thanks everyone!!
lizxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #13
Registered Users

Chiming in to say that even though you have the infant car seat taken care of I would definitely buy the next one there. Extended rear facing is still a rarity in Germany (or Austria where I live) and if you plan to you're much better off buying it in the US. I imported a Britax Marathon for our son and it's been passed onto our daughter (who is still rear facing at almost 4 years old). Sadly the seat expires next April so we'll have to get a new one for our next baby.
And AFA no spill sippies go the Avent ones don't spill or leak at all so that's what we're using.
What I do buy in the US are zippered sleepers. I just don't have the patience to button snaps on sleepers at 3am and zippered sleepers are hard to come by here.
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote