Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best method for natural childbirth

I did hypnobirthing with my first, and honestly, I think it hurt me more than helped me. I was so concerned with the "right" breathing and the "right" visualizations, ect. that it held me back from letting me labor in the moment. I handled labor better with my second baby - I breathed deeply how I wanted, moved and swayed, moaned and groaned.

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used Bradley method and had a doula for 2 of my births. If you have the right doula, it can be amazingly helpful. BUt my thought is that, regarding transition, there's a point at which really nothing and no one is able to help you- you are on your own and no "method" can help with that.

good luck!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
I did hypnobirthing with my first, and honestly, I think it hurt me more than helped me. I was so concerned with the "right" breathing and the "right" visualizations, ect. that it held me back from letting me labor in the moment. I handled labor better with my second baby - I breathed deeply how I wanted, moved and swayed, moaned and groaned.
I think this may have been part of my problem. I know I can do it now, maybe I'll just do whatever works for me this time.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think for me is keeping in perspective that however much it hurts, it won't hurt forever, that an induction hurts a lot more, and that an epidural would likely kill me (it's already tried) and pain is preferable to death.

Mostly just remembering that it doesn't last forever and to move around as much as possible and stay in the water as long as you can.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #15
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae
I didn't really use a method. Just the normal breathe through contractions and changing positions, and a birth pool.
Same here. I just did my own thing and found what helped me.