Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am going to lose it!!!

I think you need some professional help to recover from this situation. Take a look at "Oh Crap! Potty Training". I think you'll find the advice you need there. She addresses exactly this issue in one of her chapters.

The key she mentions is to take away the reward he's getting for the behavior - namely, the reaction from you. So watch him like a hawk. When you discover him as you mentioned in your original post, you need to keep your cool, have him "help" you clean it up, and coldly say, "Poop on the carpet is bad. Poop goes in the potty. Next time, go to the potty."

And walk away.

Do not give him the pleasure of getting you riled up, do not tell him "it's okay", do not resort to punishment or rewards.

Advertisement

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm ordering it now, thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you think ordering that book is worth the $15 of she says she really can't help past 3.6? DS is 3.4 she referred to another method on a different website involving enemas etc... Eeeekkkk there's no way I could put him through that.

He pooped on the floor again today and enjoyed cleaning it up I went whole hog this time, instead of making him just pick it up with the tissues and flush it I got out the bac out and hot water with scrub brush thinking putting more effort in may help. Nope, he loved it and kept asking if he could clean the floor more! Ugghhh what am I going to do with this kid!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done at 3
Do you think ordering that book is worth the $15 of she says she really can't help past 3.6? DS is 3.4 she referred to another method on a different website involving enemas etc... Eeeekkkk there's no way I could put him through that.

He pooped on the floor again today and enjoyed cleaning it up I went whole hog this time, instead of making him just pick it up with the tissues and flush it I got out the bac out and hot water with scrub brush thinking putting more effort in may help. Nope, he loved it and kept asking if he could clean the floor more! Ugghhh what am I going to do with this kid!!!!
That author helps kids beyond age 4 and 5. That's where the forum help comes in, should you need it.

That enema thing was someone else claiming she advocated enemas, but that is not true. She does not advocate them at all, not in the book and not in any of her forum or blog posts I've read. That was some wierd post from someone else.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 09-11-2012 at 02:35 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #15
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus869

That author helps kids beyond age 4 and 5. That's where the forum help comes in, should you need it.

That enema thing was someone else claiming she advocated enemas, but that is not true. She does not advocate them at all, not in the book and not in any of her forum or blog posts I've read. That was some wierd post from someone else.
It was under her FAQ. The 3rd question was can you help my (insert any age over 3and a half) and she then says there is one chapter that is helpful but if they are over 3.5 and it has to do with poop she recommends the website Soiling Solutions. They are the ones who talk about the enemas etc...
Old 09-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe if constipation is the cause of the kid's problem you might do that.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My dd was totally trained for 3mos and then regressed. She's not as uninterested as your ds but what has seemingly motivated her at least a little is our casual conversations like involving things she can't do because she pees in her pants.

I took her to the mall and we stood outside this really cool play place and talked about how fun it would be to go there and then I said casually "they don't let girls in who pee their pants so maybe we can go when you don't do that anymore" I could see little wheels turning in her head...

It wasn't a bribe or anything, just a statement of fact that there are certain things you miss out on in life if you insist on peeing in your pants!!!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DS LOVES the rides that you put quarters in, I always mention that he can ride them when he stops having accidents. He shrugs and moves on, doesn't even whine about it :/
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
hodgenkc
Registered Users
seller

sorry didnt read all the posts. My son missed the first 1/2 year of preschoo because he wasnt potty trained. He was a full yr behind his sister at that age. We to tried everything. For him something just finally clicked I guess. So maybe you litle guy needs some more time
hodgenkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's a good point hodge! It sounds like there comes a point with some kids where you just have to back off and try not to stress about it.