Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #11
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

That's some encouragement there! You mamas are awesome!

Advertisement

GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Re: Let me encourage you- I have 10 between 2&13

Okay, so today I'm needing the encouragement on this thread, lol! Remind me that I just had a newborn and need to not stress about homeschooling! My dear sweet 13 year old son reminded me this morning (as I was losing my cool) "Mom, just take it one day at a time, we're easing back into school, remember?". Why do I feel I need to do it all???? I'm supposed to be a "relaxed" homeschooler. Maybe I need to relax a little more!

Just wanted to let you know we all have THOSE days! We're going to refresh, go to the park and have a do-over of this day.

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5 View Post
Okay, so today I'm needing the encouragement on this thread, lol! Remind me that I just had a newborn and need to not stress about homeschooling! My dear sweet 13 year old son reminded me this morning (as I was losing my cool) "Mom, just take it one day at a time, we're easing back into school, remember?". Why do I feel I need to do it all???? I'm supposed to be a "relaxed" homeschooler. Maybe I need to relax a little more!

Just wanted to let you know we all have THOSE days! We're going to refresh, go to the park and have a do-over of this day.

Why is it exactly that we feel we should be able to do it all? Truth is we all know, we shouldn't be able to do it all. We are only human too. We are all super mom, but not super human!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lovely, very much how our house works.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
JennyAnneC
Registered Users

Thanks!!! I needed to read this today! I have a 3.5 yo, 22 month and 10 month old, all boys. My head was spinning all day today and felt like all I did was calm whichever one was screaming at the moment. DH travels a couple days a week for work, my family is several hours away, my mil is next door but she can be more maintenance than all 3 boys put together. There are days that I crash with them at night and wake up to my trashed house in the morning just to feel overwhelmed by the chaos again.
JennyAnneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAnneC
Thanks!!! I needed to read this today! I have a 3.5 yo, 22 month and 10 month old, all boys. My head was spinning all day today and felt like all I did was calm whichever one was screaming at the moment. DH travels a couple days a week for work, my family is several hours away, my mil is next door but she can be more maintenance than all 3 boys put together. There are days that I crash with them at night and wake up to my trashed house in the morning just to feel overwhelmed by the chaos again.
Oh I hear ya momma...mine are all under 6 and I have 5...my hubs is home a few times a year and 546mi away to be exact lol (what my garmin says haha). Its hard, busy, and stressful work bit so rewarding...especially when u realize everyoneis asleep!! Lol

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

It is nice to see a positive encouraging post in this part of the forum. While my kids are still quite young, I get asked constantly how I 'do it' and like you, we work as a team. It makes life much easier, and while 7 ages 7 and under sounds difficult, it really is not as crazy as people think.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree. Our kids are 14 down to 16 months, and I'm 25 weeks with #6. It has always been easier for us I think because the oldest was 5 when #2 was born, so he was already somewhat independent. Not helpful, lol, but he could at least get his own breakfast and turn on cartoons :-).

Sent from my iPhone
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Beautiful post... I need to do this more with my 4!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I still find it pretty crazy lots of the time but it has gotten so much easier although my oldest is just 5. I remember having #4 and having an almost 4yr. Old, and just turned 3yr. Old (2 days prior) and a 1 1/2yr. Old. And although that was hard it was not nearly as hard as having my third child with a just turned 1yr. Old and 2yr. Old. They are now 5,4,3, 16 1/2mo. And not too bad... Everyone still needs help with lots of things, but gohlee life has gone by so quickly Breaks my heart. I want to bring back all those days I was stressing out and just sit with my babies and do absolutely nothing.