Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Koli Ava
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not coping well

How do you deal with infertility?

I used to get excited with every new month thinking it could be the one I get pregnant. But as the months and years went by it became harder to feel optimistic. My first three babies were conceived "right away", so when it took me more than 4 years to get pregnant this last time I was surprised. That pregnancy ended in an early loss on June 1st.

I know I am blessed to have two children, but I want them to have more siblings. At the same time I'm tired of getting my hopes up each month. Everywhere I look I see pregnant women and babies and it is a painful reminder of my loss and not being able to have another. I'm almost to the point where I want to quit trying. I think I need to come to terms with the fact I can't have more children. But I don't know how to. I wish this didn't hurt so much.

Advertisement

Koli Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Not coping well

I am so so sorry Trinity. My heart breaks for you and all who deal with infertility. I really hurt for dd not having any siblings so i can understand that part. since entering the world of foster care i get so angry at how many women can get pregnant so effortlessly, do everything WRONG to their bodies, and still end up with beautiful babies when other amazing women can't conceive. its senseless.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
(((hugs))) I completely understand your pain. Ds1 took 4 years of trying and praying and Ds2 took almost 2 years.

There's no easy answer to that constant question of "why not me?" I will be praying for you.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hugs momma.... it is such a hard journey and I feel like EVERYONE else in my real life seems to be pregnant except me. I will be praying for you as well. So sorry.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
mcmorley
Registered Users

I'm so sorry. Dh and I had a similar conversation over the weekend. I told him I felt like I was losing hope even to ever have a baby. I hope things turn around for all of us soon!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Koli Ava
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you everyone.

I wish it was easier to have children when you want them.

I think I'm going to take a break from TTC groups and going over my chart so much and if it happens, it happens. I'm also going to try not to think about it so much and stay busy with other things. Our family went for a nice hike today and that helped clear my head a bit.

Keeping you ladies in my prayers, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
I am so so sorry Trinity. My heart breaks for you and all who deal with infertility. I really hurt for dd not having any siblings so i can understand that part. since entering the world of foster care i get so angry at how many women can get pregnant so effortlessly, do everything WRONG to their bodies, and still end up with beautiful babies when other amazing women can't conceive. its senseless.
Thanks sweetie.
Koli Ava is offline   Reply With Quote