Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #31
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Xmas/Bday wish list - Tacky or a good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
As far as food, I think because it is allergies (and not just "I don't want my kids to have it cause I don't think it's healthy" - that's a parent's prerogative, but rather rude to say) that it would be totally fine to send an e-mail out that said something along the lines of "we love hearing from everyone during the holidays, but since treats are so abundant during this time, I just wanted to remind everyone that X, Y, and Z are off limits at our house due to allergies. Having them could really make the kids sick."

This is BRILLIANT! I'm so glad I posted here b/c I'd had not gotten this idea. Thanks a ton. Such a better way to put things.

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #32
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Posting their lists as a cute thing, just like, "look at this craft they did!" sounds totally fine. But if your kids have allergies, that is something that you can and should tell your family about. That won't come off as greedy or rude as long as you phrase it correctly. You could even blame it on their doctor! But I would say that kind of thing in person or over the phone, not in a blog post.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #33
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Xmas/Bday wish list - Tacky or a good idea?

My DH's side of the family requests wish lists every year. Makes it easier to shop. I also keep track of what the boys like via wishlists. As their tastes change, I add and delete things so that I can make sure to keep track of what it is they like.

I also note down anything that DH expresses an interest in so I have an idea of how to shop for him as well.

And I keep a personal wish list for myself so I know where it was that I saw that much wanted item for when I can either go back and buy it, or let someone know something that I would really like.