Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
If she said jeans I would do dark, and a nice shirt with pretty scarf or suit jacket.
I think I'll travel in my loose fitting jeans, the black 3/4 sleeve top and scarf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Janine I would wear dark jeans and a nice top with a scarf, if with a scarf then no collar. Or the dark jeans and a collared shirt and blazer
I talked to my friend and she says some are dressing up and some are coming casual. Not evening dress smart though. So I thought my better fitting jeans, my black top with the sparkly stones on it and then suit jacket for the wedding. Heiner is wearing his black shirt and dark blue jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
Janine, I think Melanie would approve of what Jen and Jess are telling you!
Thanks Ru, I agree too

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm really excited now...I asked if there was anything I could make/bring and I suggested muffins. She said that would be great because no one was bringing any yet and there are a lot of kids there (they are not school age), and I said I have bubbles to bring too and she loved that too.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whee! I'm back.

Hugs Kari. It usually stops quickly, and they don't do it each time forever.

Good job on the pot Janine. Looks fab.

Hang in there Jess. Nephew sounds like a handful. Which reminds me, Ian kept saying "F U" yesterday, and I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say and trying not to freak out about what it sounded like. Turns out he was trying to say "nephew" but never heard the "N" sound when he first heard it in context.

I have pieced and cut half the tiles for the backsplash. It is a bigger job than I anticipated. But I am over the learning curve now and should be able to knock out the other half faster. I hope that when it comes time to put it on the wall, I don't find out I did it all wrong. I also will try to cut the remaining pieces outside. I didn't anticipate that cutting 1/2" wide glass tiles with a nipper could get tiny glass shards all over an entire room, that just covering the table with an old curtain was not enough.

So now I need to eat a quick lunch, assess this dump, and put humpty back together again. It never ends, does it? I keep wishing for that house fairy to come and poof make it all better again.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Whee! I'm back.

Hugs Kari. It usually stops quickly, and they don't do it each time forever.

Good job on the pot Janine. Looks fab.

Hang in there Jess. Nephew sounds like a handful. Which reminds me, Ian kept saying "F U" yesterday, and I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say and trying not to freak out about what it sounded like. Turns out he was trying to say "nephew" but never heard the "N" sound when he first heard it in context.

I have pieced and cut half the tiles for the backsplash. It is a bigger job than I anticipated. But I am over the learning curve now and should be able to knock out the other half faster. I hope that when it comes time to put it on the wall, I don't find out I did it all wrong. I also will try to cut the remaining pieces outside. I didn't anticipate that cutting 1/2" wide glass tiles with a nipper could get tiny glass shards all over an entire room, that just covering the table with an old curtain was not enough.

So now I need to eat a quick lunch, assess this dump, and put humpty back together again. It never ends, does it? I keep wishing for that house fairy to come and poof make it all better again.
Fynn says something that sounds like he's saying S*it...he actually does mean sit.

Got the kids in bed.....screaming, crying, wailing!

Dinner is in the oven....cordon bleu and some random leftover pasta in a sauce that I put a couple of pieces of cheese on. Heiner forgot to turn off the stove and the bolognese that we were going to have for dinner burnt.

Bedding is now in the car and I have made some cheese rolls for breakfast in the car tomorrow morning.

Charging the kindle now....it's a shorter drive but still I want to have it fully charged.
Phone is charging too.
Clothes are sorted and ready to go.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #25
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good work Janine and Cheryl.
My herby bread dough is rising to make hoagie rolls. I need to eat something eventually too. But DH is being cranky so I think I will run through and clear some hot spots quick before I do that. He said he was achy and you know that means the world is about to end. THe corn was too wet to harvest so they are getting stuff ready for the citywide garage sale Saturday.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I was going to pull from the bus to see Auntie Jevvie (Debbie my SIL) but MH had a meltdown over it and Deb gave her two quick hugs and sent her off on the bus. Jerry met the bus and all is well in their world.

I have some books to shelve and get ready for my afternoon classes. I will leave right after my class is finished for the day, go home get ready for dinner, go to my meeting come home and have dinner...
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Home. Dinner smells awesome. I get to just chill for 45 minutes or so and then off to my meeting.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow Jerry just got an email from a place in AZ that buys work for corporate clients. Interested in working on a commission with him. Eeeeepppp
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
omg. So the kids will all be in a program every thursday from 430 to 6. It is just far enough away from the house to not be worth going back during it. So I went on an adventure to the nearest Home Depot about 20 minutes away in the opposite direction, an area I have never been in.

There was a Home Depot, then the largest garden shop I have ever seen, a Michaels, old navy, kohls, petco, target greatland, and the two major grocery chains here all in one giant shopping center. When I went back a different direction, there was a panera, a whole foods, and a Dairy Queen.

I have died and gone to heaven Seriously, it is so depressing in Detroit in general, so much of it is an abandoned boarded up wasteland to find something like this, all in one place and not far away, is amazing.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #30
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is awesome Jen! I dont doubt he would get a lot of sales.