Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #4421
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Ok.. so I'm having this weird feeling that my baby is going to come early. If I don't make it to 37 weeks, I can't go to my birth center.

On the chance that I go into labor before 37 weeks, what hospitals do y'all recommend. I live in North Arlington, so nothing SUPER far away...

GO!!!!!

God bless!
When I risked out of my last homebirth, the DAY BEFORE I went into labor, my back up hospital was Baylor Grapevine. I was really suprised to have a really good experience. We called on our way and told them our situation, that I wanted a as natural a birth as possible etc. and I had a really great nurse and they were really respectful and understanding.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #4422
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am 38w4d (or 38w5d depending on who's calculations you use). My water broke about 1pm. It's now 4:30. I've started having some contractions, but they are still sporadic as far as timing goes, but not very painful.

I have a regular appointment with my midwife at 5:30, and at this point it's looking like I'll totally make that. Hoping by then things will be regular and I'll be "in the zone" enough to stay and not have to bring all the kids back home just to turn around and go in a few hours later. Plus, I have two friends coming to the birth.. one to baby sit my kids, and one to observe as part of her certification process to become a birth educator.

I've eaten, all the necessities are in the car, and now it's just "hurry up and wait."

On a cool note.. it's my dad's birthday, so he's even MORE excited about this baby now than he was yesterday. LOL

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #4423
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
I am 38w4d (or 38w5d depending on who's calculations you use). My water broke about 1pm. It's now 4:30. I've started having some contractions, but they are still sporadic as far as timing goes, but not very painful.

I have a regular appointment with my midwife at 5:30, and at this point it's looking like I'll totally make that. Hoping by then things will be regular and I'll be "in the zone" enough to stay and not have to bring all the kids back home just to turn around and go in a few hours later. Plus, I have two friends coming to the birth.. one to baby sit my kids, and one to observe as part of her certification process to become a birth educator.

I've eaten, all the necessities are in the car, and now it's just "hurry up and wait."

On a cool note.. it's my dad's birthday, so he's even MORE excited about this baby now than he was yesterday. LOL

God bless!
Awesome!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #4424
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Things are not going according to "plan." *sigh* and I'm really emotional about it. I got to my appointment, my midwife checked me. I'm a finger tip dilated. But that's not the bad news. She is fairly certain that Bella is breach, but isn't exactly sure of the baby's position. She is sending me to L&D to see the OB that she partners with. The OB is going to do an ultrasound to determine Bella's exact position. This doctor DOES do versions.. so depending on everything he sees, he may or may not attempt a version on her. The "iffy" thing about the version is that they are not as successful once your water has ruptured, so Betty isn't sure if the OB will attempt it or not. It just depends on what he sees on the ultrasound.

If baby is breach and a version is not possible or effetive, then he will c-section me pretty much immediately since my water has already ruptured. If he can get baby to turn, or if she IS breach... then we'll discuss options at that point (like doing a bit of inducing since I'm not contracting at all, or sending me home to labor until I'm ready to go back to my midwife. Betty (my midwife) said it's the weirdest thing.. she has had SOO MANY babies turn breach this month.

She is a Christian, and as she was trying to find the baby's postion prayed (out loud) for guidance. And this is the plan she felt was the best. She also said that the OB is a strong Christian and that they are friends, and SHE trusts HIS judgment as well. So, if she says that this is the best course of action, then I trust her. She also said that while the doctor WILL do a C-section if it's necessary, he is NOT a doctor who suggests c-sections lightly, and will only do one if he feels there are truly no other options.

I will update when I can. Please PLEASE PLEASE pray that this baby is "turnable" if she is indeed breach. The c-section is THE LAST thing that I want!!!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #4425
2angels2love
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Saying a prayer things go well! (((hugs)))

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
2angels2love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #4426
rescueremedies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Things are not going according to "plan." *sigh* and I'm really emotional about it. I got to my appointment, my midwife checked me. I'm a finger tip dilated. But that's not the bad news. She is fairly certain that Bella is breach, but isn't exactly sure of the baby's position. She is sending me to L&D to see the OB that she partners with. The OB is going to do an ultrasound to determine Bella's exact position. This doctor DOES do versions.. so depending on everything he sees, he may or may not attempt a version on her. The "iffy" thing about the version is that they are not as successful once your water has ruptured, so Betty isn't sure if the OB will attempt it or not. It just depends on what he sees on the ultrasound.

If baby is breach and a version is not possible or effetive, then he will c-section me pretty much immediately since my water has already ruptured. If he can get baby to turn, or if she IS breach... then we'll discuss options at that point (like doing a bit of inducing since I'm not contracting at all, or sending me home to labor until I'm ready to go back to my midwife. Betty (my midwife) said it's the weirdest thing.. she has had SOO MANY babies turn breach this month.

She is a Christian, and as she was trying to find the baby's postion prayed (out loud) for guidance. And this is the plan she felt was the best. She also said that the OB is a strong Christian and that they are friends, and SHE trusts HIS judgment as well. So, if she says that this is the best course of action, then I trust her. She also said that while the doctor WILL do a C-section if it's necessary, he is NOT a doctor who suggests c-sections lightly, and will only do one if he feels there are truly no other options.

I will update when I can. Please PLEASE PLEASE pray that this baby is "turnable" if she is indeed breach. The c-section is THE LAST thing that I want!!!
Will be praying for you.
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #4427
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome update:

Bella is head down!!! Needed some pitocin because I wasn't progressing. Decided to get the epidural and am comfortable. Lisa, my nurse is awesome. Going to take a nap and get some rest. Great doctor on call!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #4428
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Awesome update:

Bella is head down!!! Needed some pitocin because I wasn't progressing. Decided to get the epidural and am comfortable. Lisa, my nurse is awesome. Going to take a nap and get some rest. Great doctor on call!!!
Excellent! Is she here yet?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #4429
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
Excellent! Is she here yet?
Yes!! Short version:

She was born Friday morning at 3:31am. She weighed 6lbs 14oz and is 19" long, with a full head of dark hair. Totally perfect.

The delivery was actually really easy. No tears, no cuts, no stitches. Which is amazing considering she came out "sunny side up." Even the doctor was surprised and impressed at how quick delivery went considering her position.

I was allowed to leave yesterday (Saturday afternoon). I just told my doc that I wanted to go home as soon as possible, and he informed the pediatrician on call. Hospital policy is for baby to stay a minimum of 24 hours (which was 3:31am Saturday morning). The doc on call Saturday said that he wanted to keep her at least until Noon, and if everything still looked great he'd release her. By 1pm we were waiting for daddy and brothers to come get us.

Oh, and it seems that I am one of the lucky moms, who's baby is a natural at nursing with a seemingly perfect latch! She is really gassy and has some reflux, so she has an appointment with the chiropractor on Tuesday afternoon.

The full birth story is posted over in the Birth Announcements section, with pictures included.

God bless!

Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #4430
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

Yes!! Short version:

She was born Friday morning at 3:31am. She weighed 6lbs 14oz and is 19" long, with a full head of dark hair. Totally perfect.

The delivery was actually really easy. No tears, no cuts, no stitches. Which is amazing considering she came out "sunny side up." Even the doctor was surprised and impressed at how quick delivery went considering her position.

I was allowed to leave yesterday (Saturday afternoon). I just told my doc that I wanted to go home as soon as possible, and he informed the pediatrician on call. Hospital policy is for baby to stay a minimum of 24 hours (which was 3:31am Saturday morning). The doc on call Saturday said that he wanted to keep her at least until Noon, and if everything still looked great he'd release her. By 1pm we were waiting for daddy and brothers to come get us.

Oh, and it seems that I am one of the lucky moms, who's baby is a natural at nursing with a seemingly perfect latch! She is really gassy and has some reflux, so she has an appointment with the chiropractor on Tuesday afternoon.

The full birth story is posted over in the Birth Announcements section, with pictures included.

God bless!
Congrats! Headed over to the announcements now!