Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
jensmyname
Registered Users
seller

babywise

Any cd moms following babywise? Would love to connect!

Advertisement

jensmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: babywise

I learned a very little bit about it, and I personally decided it was not at all for me. I MIGHT have considered it before having a baby, but I did things very differently after having a child.

I never reject any one child development philosophy, but I couldn't find enough in that book to be comfortable with for myself.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
threec's
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do. Need to get on track w/ my 6 week old! We followed it pretty closely with DS2, after learning some hard lessons about sleep with DS1. Now on to DD... she is 6 weeks and I've been in survival mode! Ready to get her on track with a schedule. she sleeps pretty well at night, but daytime is rough.
threec's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by threec's View Post
I do. Need to get on track w/ my 6 week old! We followed it pretty closely with DS2, after learning some hard lessons about sleep with DS1. Now on to DD... she is 6 weeks and I've been in survival mode! Ready to get her on track with a schedule. she sleeps pretty well at night, but daytime is rough.
I DO put all my daycare babies on a sleeping schedule, and it does make it a whole lot easier on everybody. I put them down at roughly the same time every day, and they happily go to sleep. I have no idea why though.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

No. I do not like it.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

we love babywise
clnapoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
jensmyname
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by threec's View Post
Yay for making it to 6 weeks! That was always my short term goal where things got drastically better with my first and second.

Daytime is our struggle too. He is consistantly sleeping 45 minutes and then waking. I've tried everything, but since this is my second, I am a lot more laid back. He is super sweet and calm, so we are just rolling with it right now. We are on a consistant 3 hour schedule, I just put him in the swing after he cries for a little when he wakes early. Hoping we have a breakthrough soon.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
jensmyname
Registered Users
seller

Any of you have any experience with babywise and reflux? My son in on zantac and I just can't let him cry for very long. Any advice?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensmyname View Post
Any of you have any experience with babywise and reflux? My son in on zantac and I just can't let him cry for very long. Any advice?
If there is more than a minute or two of crying going on, you're not doing it right!

The part to really focus on is looking for sleep cues and being aware of how long they can be awake before they get overtired. At first focus on the timing and the routine - do whatever it takes to get him to sleep before he's overtired. Later on, worry about him going to sleep on his own.

In all honesty, most people on this board are very anti-babywise. There are other boards that have good babywise forums.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
jensmyname
Registered Users
seller

I know there are people here who are very anti-babywise, which is why I asked if anyone here uses it. I am respectful of most any way anyone wants to raise their children and I would hope for the same in return.

Last edited by jensmyname; 09-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.