Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721
I feel like I've been such a B with an itch lately. I feel sorry after I say/do things, but it's so annoying that I can't control it.
Yeah, I hear you on the lack of control. When I'm in the midst of yelling, the logical part of my brain is all like "who is this person and WHAT is she saying?"

Advertisement

Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Irritated with my own irritability

yeah i've felt like i needed to put out an apology on fb to all my friends and family and few times. i'm a very honest person but with these crazy hormones my honesty is presented in a mean way :/ and that just isn't me. i'm usually not mean with my honesty. i also have zero patience with people who don't have common sense and don't use their brains. i have low tolerance for these people not pregnant but now i down right can't handle them at all.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #13
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
Ooooh that would make me so mad. When I was a kid I ALWAYS used Mr. and Mrs. with my friends' parents and would like that same respect. You don't see that much in my area now. At least assume the formal way when addressing adults (and professors) and then be corrected the other way. Maybe I'm weird and old-fashioned, though.

More on grouchiness, I have this gossipy/liar friend that I've told off twice, and I've been pregnant both times. She is barely tolerable under normal circumstances, but once I'm expecting I just can NOT deal with her and finally tell her to leave me alone. I guess the crazy hormones make me brave, so maybe it isn't all bad. Haha!
I am totally old fashioned too, I always call older or higher leveled people by a title until told otherwise.

Oh and I totally unfriended a person like that last week on FB

Quote:
I had a miscarriage earlier in the year, so I've basically been a hormonal mess since January! It's been a looooong "first tri."
I had a loss in May at 12 weeks so I am right there with you. I have been a mess since Jan. I feel like I should be birthing at my original due date, this pregnancy feels like it is taking forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
yeah i've felt like i needed to put out an apology on fb to all my friends and family and few times. i'm a very honest person but with these crazy hormones my honesty is presented in a mean way :/ and that just isn't me. i'm usually not mean with my honesty. i also have zero patience with people who don't have common sense and don't use their brains. i have low tolerance for these people not pregnant but now i down right can't handle them at all.
Me too, I have been holding back but the other day I got SO mad and frustrated about everyone's political crap. I finally just unfollowed their posts on my wall because it made me so pissed all the time.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My students are driving me nuts this semester, I simply have NO patience for whiny college students. It is also bugging me that some are calling me by my first name, I didn't go to graduate school, get four degrees, and teach for 7 years to be called Anya
OMG THIS!! But, instead of students, I have patients! It takes everything out of me to be level headed with them nowadays! I know its just me, or part of their disorder, but its so hard dealing with their behavior recently!!! And, yes, it stinks to be called by your first name in a professional environment when you have a title!! I had a patient get upset with me today b/c he called at 0800 and I couldnt call him back until noon (because I was in session until then!!)! I mean, Im at work....of COURSE Im WORKING all day!!!

Praise God for DH! He really has been great through all of this! I run him around terribly and when we are both home, I essentially take a break from...well....everything lol! I know I need to step it up in the wife department, but goodness, I feel I have SO much less to go around!

This has got me wondering....what is the evolutionary or emotional/spiritual purpose of this irritability we all experience!?? There MUST be one lol!

Last edited by amb2j; 09-14-2012 at 10:20 AM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
This has got me wondering....what is the evolutionary or emotional/spiritual purpose of this irritability we all experience!?? There MUST be one lol!
Hmmmm...testing the commitment of our mates? Getting us prepared for the high blood pressures our kids are sure to give us? Maintaining our safety by keeping people far, far away?
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Hmmmm...testing the commitment of our mates? Getting us prepared for the high blood pressures our kids are sure to give us? Maintaining our safety by keeping people far, far away?
awesome!

May I add, letting your frustrations air out instead of eat away at your unborn child. Preparing your mate for postpartum and getting rid of everyone who causes you extra stress
Old 09-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm there with you guys. DH keeps reminding me that if we want the girls to use kind voices with each other, we have to use kind voices too (*ouch*). It's nice that he's finding more gentle ways to keep me in check though instead of just telling me to quit being a b****

The kids is the hardest one for me, especially ODD. They're both going through things right now, YDD is at the first 'independence' struggle and ODD is... well I'm not entirely sure honestly but she is whining ALL the time and I feel like I'm going to lose it with her about 80% of the time which I hate because she's really an amazing kid and I've always loved spending time with her. Along with the whining she crying/fussing/and grunting a lot. We keep having to remind her to use her words, which is sooo irritating because she's been speaking in full sentences since before she was two. Always ahead in language. I think it's a jealousy thing, lil sister is getting attention that way so maybe it'll work for her, so I'm trying to give her more attention before she asks for it but lately she wants constant 24/7 attention! Ack!

I'm normally a very patient person, but lately... not so much...
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #18
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
awesome!

May I add, letting your frustrations air out instead of eat away at your unborn child. Preparing your mate for postpartum and getting rid of everyone who causes you extra stress
OMG. LOVE it!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I so super irritated with my dh right now! First off..we are building a little house right now and dh decided no bathtubs. Ok. I have 5 children . The littles need to be bathed in a tub. He has never given a kid a bath so he doesnt care if it involves more work for me. He just hates water getting on the floor. So tell me this ..if I am showering the kids off and washing hair ect...with the shower curtain open...is water still going to get on the floor?? It's tile. It will dry, u wipe it off with the towel. he even refused me one in my master, and tubs are important to me...i luv baths..if I am sick , stressed, acky..the tub is where I want to be. And not to mention giving birth...i give birth in the tub! (we didn't know we were having another at the time, I don't know if that would have persuaded him...but I doubt it . He isn't the one who is going to give birth)
I told him he was going to have to make it up to me by getting me a hot tub for my anniversary one of these times. He laughed "like we could afford that" ....well I find out today that a friend offered us their nice hot tub and he refused it. Cause "we don't need anything else to take care of." Not like he would of taken care of it anyway ! He doesn't do any "chores" around the house..it boils down to not wanting to drive 2 hours and pick it up! But had he told me I could have gotten my family top help me get it. I am sooooooo ticked off. End of rant.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Boy I got mad just reading that rant, how dare he deny you a tub! My hubby wouldn't dare