Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
kkilikina's Avatar
kkilikina
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 331
My Mood:
Re: I am going to lose it!!!

To the OP - I pretty much could have written your post about MY older DS. I am SO frustrated. Mine was nearly 100% pee trained and about 50% successful with poops last summer, then regressed...so I know he's "capable." Now, he'll pee wherever he's standing (even if naked), and he'll hold his poop until he has a diaper (or underwear ) on. So yeah...15 months later, and we're going nowhere fast. I don't really believe in waiting for "readiness" but I'm wondering if I have no choice but to wait him out (because it's turned into a power struggle). I have no helpful suggestions...but I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.

ETA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done at 3 View Post
It was under her FAQ. The 3rd question was can you help my (insert any age over 3and a half) and she then says there is one chapter that is helpful but if they are over 3.5 and it has to do with poop she recommends the website Soiling Solutions. They are the ones who talk about the enemas etc...
I saw this too, and it gave me enough pause that I haven't yet bought the book.

Advertisement

__________________
Momma to two boys - (June 2009) and (October 2011).

Last edited by kkilikina; 09-12-2012 at 05:37 PM.
kkilikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #22
Done at 3's Avatar
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkilikina
To the OP - I pretty much could have written your post about MY older DS. I am SO frustrated. Mine was nearly 100% pee trained and about 50% successful with poops last summer, then regressed...so I know he's "capable." Now, he'll pee wherever he's standing (even if naked), and he'll hold his poop until he has a diaper (or underwear ) on. So yeah...15 months later, and we're going nowhere fast. I don't really believe in waiting for "readiness" but I'm wondering if I have no choice but to wait him out (because it's turned into a power struggle). I have no helpful suggestions...but I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.

ETA...

I saw this too, and it gave me enough pause that I haven't yet bought the book.
Thanks! I do feel like he is the only child this age not getting the hang of it, so thanks for sharing please keep me posted if anything works for you and I'll do the same!
__________________
Lindsay- wife to my Soldier & SAHM to Gavin 3/06 Liam 5/09 and Collin 8/12
Done at 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #23
hpfgirl's Avatar
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 4,557
My Mood:
I think there's something you can do about waiting for diaper to poop. No more diapers. Bite the bullet and take them away.
__________________
Sara

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #24
Done at 3's Avatar
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 777
My Mood:
We are exclusively pants less, or Donald ducking it as DH says with the exception of sleep and leaving the house. I am at the point now where we just sit in the bathroom watching videos all day until he poops. It seems once he actually peed in the potty again he has been doing it 90% of the time, I'm hoping for similar success with the poop if we can get one in the toilet to get the ball rolling. Wish me luck and much patience!
__________________
Lindsay- wife to my Soldier & SAHM to Gavin 3/06 Liam 5/09 and Collin 8/12
Done at 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
kkilikina's Avatar
kkilikina
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 331
My Mood:
Re: I am going to lose it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
I think there's something you can do about waiting for diaper to poop. No more diapers. Bite the bullet and take them away.
For us, that means poopy underwear (DS doesn't care, and I'd rather change a diaper) or that he'll hold it (and end up with diarrhea-like stool). Yesterday, he started going in a diaper and I noticed in time to get him to the potty - we sat on the potty for nearly an hour (watching tv) and nothing came out. I put a diaper on him because I had to get the baby down for a nap, and within 90 seconds the diaper was full.
__________________
Momma to two boys - (June 2009) and (October 2011).
kkilikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
Done at 3's Avatar
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkilikina

For us, that means poopy underwear (DS doesn't care, and I'd rather change a diaper) or that he'll hold it (and end up with diarrhea-like stool). Yesterday, he started going in a diaper and I noticed in time to get him to the potty - we sat on the potty for nearly an hour (watching tv) and nothing came out. I put a diaper on him because I had to get the baby down for a nap, and within 90 seconds the diaper was full.
My son will do this too, as soon as anything is on his booty he goes
__________________
Lindsay- wife to my Soldier & SAHM to Gavin 3/06 Liam 5/09 and Collin 8/12
Done at 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #27
hpfgirl's Avatar
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 4,557
My Mood:
Maybe try commando. Underwear can feel like a diaper.
__________________
Sara

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
kkilikina's Avatar
kkilikina
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 331
My Mood:
Re: I am going to lose it!!!

To the OP - just wanted to let you know that we did go ahead and buy the Oh Crap! Potty Training book. There was no "revolutionary" information in it, but I did find it really helpful. My DS has been out of diapers since last Friday, and is doing fairly well so far with pee at least...we're still struggling with poop, and the idea that he needs to listen to his body (he pretty much only goes when I suggest it - left to his own devices, he'll ignore his body's signals, then pee his pants, then continue playing like nothing happened).
__________________
Momma to two boys - (June 2009) and (October 2011).
kkilikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkilikina
For us, that means poopy underwear (DS doesn't care, and I'd rather change a diaper) or that he'll hold it (and end up with diarrhea-like stool). Yesterday, he started going in a diaper and I noticed in time to get him to the potty - we sat on the potty for nearly an hour (watching tv) and nothing came out. I put a diaper on him because I had to get the baby down for a nap, and within 90 seconds the diaper was full.
Oh yes.

We had DD on the potty after 3 hours of her refusing to pee. She still refused. And we let her off and she peed all over the floor. Put her back on 'to finish' (yeah right) and when I take her off, she poops her panties.

If you figure it out, please send me a PM
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #30
huntressxx's Avatar
huntressxx
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 293
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

Oh yes.

We had DD on the potty after 3 hours of her refusing to pee. She still refused. And we let her off and she peed all over the floor. Put her back on 'to finish' (yeah right) and when I take her off, she poops her panties.

If you figure it out, please send me a PM
My son does thus too!!!

Nature Decor On Etsy. Nature Photography Suited for Any Style!
__________________
CD Diapering Since July 1st, 2012
Cloth Diaper Addict
Cloth Diapering DS 2 Years Old
Gonna be Cloth Diapering A Newborn August 24th, 2012
huntressxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.