Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Talk me down from the ledge please? LOL

I had a very early m/c (4-ish weeks) in June (and one around the same time in Sept 2003) so I'm VERY gun shy LOL...got a beta drawn on Tuesday and the numbers were 2069. I think I was on CD31, I typically have 27 day cycles but ovulate semi-late (CD15 usually) but I wasn't temping or anything so I can't say for sure where I was.

Got another one today, CD34 and it was 4640.

My Tuesday draw was like at 2pm, the draw today was 9am. The calculators I found online gave me a 60-something doubling time.

They also said once the HCG number gets above 1200 a 72-hour doubling time is the low end of normal. So this is good right?

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk me down from the ledge please? LOL

yes that's good! i understand the anxiety. i had that with the beginning of this pregnancy because i had a blighted ovum 2 yrs ago and the numbers didn't double and stalled out around 1100. this time thought my first draw was around 11:20 and it was around 5400 and then the second draw was around 11 and it was 10,280 or something like that. there was only a 30 difference between the two. i'm currently in my 12th week and everything is just fine! good luck and just try to breath, i know way easier said than done.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!

The dr said I could come in for a 3rd draw on Monday but I'm up in the air about it...On one hand I want the reassurance that it's still going up, on the other hand I'll just make myself insane if it doesn't go up 'enough'
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and congrats...this is why we didn't do any blood draws this time around....TOO stressful!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Sounds just fine to me too I chose just to do one set. At that high a level, you could just have a ultrasound in a couple weeks. I know it's torture either way though, all the best to you and congrats!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I imagine they'll do an ultrasound shortly after my 1st appt, they usually do for dating purposes. My 1st appt is Oct 16 so I'll likely have a u/s that week also. Sometimes they have a u/s machine right in the office and the doctor will do them, other times they make you make a separate appt with radiation, just depends on how adventurous the doctor is I suppose.

I'll probably skip the Monday blood draw, I'll just make myself (more) insane.