Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Spotting at 19 Weeks

So I spotted most of yesterday. Mucousy discharge with bright red blood that reminded me of show at the end of the pregnancy. I am 19 weeks, no contractions, no cervical change. I have not been intimate lately so that wasn't causing it. It never turned into a flow, so it couldn't have been too serious.

I am not too worried, but it was disconcerting, KWIM. Wonder what caused it???

Advertisement

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Did you see your doctor/midwife?

I had bleeding all throughout my 6th pregnancy. It was from cervical ectropion. It healed after she was born and pregnancy 7 was bleeding free. Looks like you have a lot of kiddos, and ectropion is more common in multi-pari moms.

I would see my doc though to confirm, a low lying placenta can do that as well and of course can be dangerous.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Spotting at 19 Weeks

Had several ultrasounds and the placenta is not low lying, so that isn't a concern. I do wonder if it is a cervix issue of some sort.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd guess a burst blood vessel on your cervix or something. I had spotting like that at 25 weeks and that's what it was.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just had some random bleeding last week but u/s showed a happy and healthy baby. They think it might have been a blood clot that burst and resolved itself before I came in for the scan. Bleeding can happen for any number of reasons but as long as your u/s doesn't pick up anything and you do not have contractions most likely you are just fine. Totally scary, I know, but there are many things it could have been. Praying for you for a safe rest of your pregnancy!