Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #1421
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL ~ Knit for FALL! Sept 9 - Sept 15

I'm having a pity party and need to get out of this funk. I'm wallowing in the fact that I just spent $1k on a wheel and the only thing I like is the orifice hook. I emailed the dealer but I kind of don't even want it in my house right now (pathetic). I keep telling myself to keep trying, I can figure out how to "make" it a good wheel, that if it's so popular it can't be as bad as it seems, but I really want to take the chainsaw to it.

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #1422
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I'm having a pity party and need to get out of this funk. I'm wallowing in the fact that I just spent $1k on a wheel and the only thing I like is the orifice hook. I emailed the dealer but I kind of don't even want it in my house right now (pathetic). I keep telling myself to keep trying, I can figure out how to "make" it a good wheel, that if it's so popular it can't be as bad as it seems, but I really want to take the chainsaw to it.
How awful
Old 09-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #1423
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Here's the new WIP.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Looks awesome!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #1424
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach
I feel horrible that I feel like I hurried you into it. I wonder if you got a lemon?
Old 09-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #1425
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no sorry about your wheel, that stinks that you don't like it.

Love the colorway.

Knitting problem:
I just finished the collar on this Einstein and working on the yoke when I realized that there are no darn button holes, the pattern waits until the next page to mention them and I am pretty sure I should have started them already considering I am 3 inches down already. Yikes! I can't believe the pattern would wait that long to mention the darn buttons. On the good side at least the woodland tale is behaving itself. Trying to decide whether to use a different style button attachment or frog back to where I should have buttonholes started.

I just looked at the pattern, could it be that it intentionally wants the buttons lower than most sweaters. WDYT?

Last edited by bellybellybuttons; 09-15-2012 at 03:26 PM.
bellybellybuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #1426
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons
Oh no sorry about your wheel, that stinks that you don't like it.

Love the colorway.

Knitting problem:
I just finished the collar on this Einstein and working on the yoke when I realized that there are no darn button holes, the pattern waits until the next page to mention them and I am pretty sure I should have started them already considering I am 3 inches down already. Yikes! I can't believe the pattern would wait that long to mention the darn buttons. On the good side at least the woodland tale is behaving itself. Trying to decide whether to use a different style button attachment or frog back to where I should have buttonholes started.

I just looked at the pattern, could it be that it intentionally wants the buttons lower than most sweaters. WDYT?
Woodland tale or friends?

I can't see the pic and I don't know the pattern well enough but does it have a separate button band? If so, knit just to the button band and frog down like you are frogging back to fix a dropped stitch and insert the button hole that way. It won't pull cause your yo will have room where the second stitch will be k2tog.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #1427
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

looks great Mindy..I love that sweater.Oh no, I hope you and the wheel can make peace

Like them so far Cassie.

Melissa...what pattern is it? Maybe you could look up some Rav projects to see what they look like?

Our neighbors gave us a sleep number bed this week. I don't know if I'll use it though. When we bought out new bed, I thought the temperpedics were kind of hard. I hope you like it shannon.

worked on the storyteller today. It's almost a vest The only reason it's not a vest is that I ran out of balled yarn. I need to cake two more skeins. Going to do that now.

Can I put the kids to bed NOW? I am so tired!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #1428
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's woodland friends, hmm just not sure but they look lower than most buttonholes so maybe that's it. Ok off to make some granola and some apples to can with ds on the back in my Boba, yay he still likes it. My first mirror pic. lol
Old 09-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #1429
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Karyn; I live for super firm There were lots of different kinds of tempurpedics and I picked the firmest
Old 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #1430
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Super cute, Melissa! B loves to be on daddy's back in the Ergo.