Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Found heartbeat(s) MoM please weigh in (loss mentioned)

I will be 19 weeks on Tuesday. I haven't been to see anyone about the pregnancy because I kept losing babies around 15 weeks so I wanted to wait it out (doctor fear-hater here). I was supposed to be seen last week, but they canceled and I am getting seen now at 20 weeks.

I wasn't feeling movement this morning so I checked for a heartbeat and instantly the doppler got smacked, so okay relief, but still wanted to check the heart (my doppler doesn't have a BPM counter), I go hunting and find one heartbeat nice and strong near my pelvic bone on the right, then I did a quick scan around to see where the placenta is now (it's on the move constantly) and found another heartbeat, nice and strong in the upper left area. So I went back down to see if it's still down near my pelvic bone, and yes, still there too. They were found about 6" apart (baby is about 5-6" long right now I think). The heartbeat(s) sounded similar enough that I couldn't tell if they were a different rate.

Maybe I'm getting both front and back of the baby?

Twins are great and all, but I have had a heck of a time keeping 1 baby alive. I don't want to walk in to my appointment in a week and get totally blind-sided with "hey you're having twins" but at the same time, I don't want to be worried unnecessarily about twins if this is normal for singletons and I'm just not remembering since it has been 5 years since I've been this far along.

Any thoughts would be great.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.

Last edited by yellowitchgrl; 09-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can't answer your question but you are always in my prayers. every time I check on you and the pregnancy I get a lump in my throat. I am so happy you are still pg! And this far along!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heartbeat(s) Question please way in (loss mentioned)

Thank you!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any help I'm sorry, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this pregnancy goes smoothly. Good luck at your appointment.

If it were me I would probably just assume there is two in there and that way if the doctor confirms it then it wont be such a shock, and if there is only one then you don't have to keep thinking and worrying about there being two. Hugs.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

The heart beat can echo and pick up clear across the belly. So there is still a good chance that there is just one. I have had it happened many times, and even sound different. But again there is alway still that chance. :O)
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
Trynitey
Registered Users
seller

The hearbeat can "travel" so to speak. Baby is actually about 6" from crown to rump, so probably, in reality, closer to 10" total, so not so small
Need Extra Money? Swagbucks or Persona Paper
Trynitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
xtin
Registered Users
seller

^ I agree, probably an echo through the amniotic fluid.
Twins would be fun, though!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Twins are fun and scary at the same time. Good luck to you. Yes the heartbeat can Echo.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You have made me feel better. Thanks everyone.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Re: Found heartbeat(s) MoM please weigh in (loss mentioned)

Oh, I'm Thrilled for you! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!