Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #11
LittleFox
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Prepping for baby

Wow, I still need to do a ton! We have the stroller already, but still need the crib, carseat, diapers, and things like that. This is our first, so we're getting things little by little and waiting on some things until after the shower so we know what we still need to buy.

Advertisement

LittleFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
lissa~K
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I need to:
buy a carseat (thinking about a Combi Coccoro)
Get birth kit together
Knit baby a special Birthday outfit
And then closer to the birth I plan to deep clean the house, rewash baby clothes and diapers, and prepare some freezer meals.

Last edited by lissa~K; 08-29-2012 at 08:09 PM.
lissa~K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, I must be a little OCD here, because I really don't "need" to do anything! I have the diapers I need, have all the infant and boy stuff I can deal with, and really if DS came today we could make do. Not that I want him to, a little early and all! But since I have time (I hope!) I would like to get the nursery organized and freeze some more meals. But hubby is the better cook and the moms group I'm in brings meals to everyone who has a new baby, so we'll be well fed one way or another! Plus the baby will sleep in our room for a few weeks/months so the nursery could wait to. Gosh I hope my nesting instinct kicks in one of these days lol!

It will all get done mamas! And if it doesn't, you can make it work anyway
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
charirosey
Registered Users
seller

I was just thinking abt this the other day and was feeling a bit panicky with all I have left lol. We still need the crib and furniture which we are going tomorrow to talk to the boutique owner bc supposedly she's going to make us a deal for the labor day sale. It's not a cheap set so we're thankful she does layaway while it's on order. Last time she told us it took 10-15 weeks to order in so I'm hoping it doesnt take that long bc I'm sewing all the bedding! So that's the big thing that's hanging over my head.

The other things: finish sewing up cloth wipes, make a few burp cloths (never used them with the boys), make a girly cover for my BF pillow (it has an ugly blue print), make a car seat cover(for over the top and MAYBE one for the inner lining but It will be safe the way I'm doing it ;-), sew up a few more specialty outfits (at least 1 smocked dress), make lots of hair bows, make a diaper bag, make a hospital gown with matching baby layette gown, buy a swing (just sold the one we used with DS2) and either try to Knit a couple hats or buy them (for photo props). I'm kind of doubting I'll have the time to make them with my long list of things :-/
charirosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I still need to get a crib bedding set. I might just use Farrahs old set to save $$. I'm going uber cheap with this baby. I think we are going to buy the crib from IKEA this weekend. Either that or we are buying the big girls their bunk beds.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #16
SassyMomma27
Registered Users

My Mood:

i have a car seat and stroller and a pump
we dont move to our new appt until 12 oct so no decorating until then
having my baby shower at the end of this month and my hubbie said i cant anything else until after that
i still need
a swing
more cd's
moniter
crib
mattress
and i am making a nursing pillow
you guys should go to this website if you like to sow i found it on pintrest so i can make baby stuff

http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/index.html
SassyMomma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
ramossca
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow...I think I've made 20 to do lists...keep changing things...adding things..lol
we are needing clothes since our first was a little boy...we have our second consignment sale in October so will finish up clothing purchases then on top of the gifts from the baby shower my sister decided to throw me (secretly but MIL let it slip...oops), I think I've just finished purchasing my CD's for newborn stage, but needing a few smalls and then obviously more One-size since my son is still in diapers although hopefully by summer next year he will be potty-trained.

in-laws just finished painting walls, hanging crown molding, and putting in baseboards in little A's nursery today so we can start decorating...that will take the longest since i am at a loss at what to do..but she will be in our room for the first couple months so I'm not too worried.

Bad part about nesting for me is that I'm always finding something else for my husband to do...he hates it lol...
ramossca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm always finding stuff for my DH to do, too. I'm in major nesting mode-cleaning out closets, moving furniture, etc

I'd like to get a few more cute outfits for baby. I only have sleepers and gowns.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Still a lot to buy/do for baby but getting closer and feeling a bit better! The major thing I need to do is find a ped! If I could do that then Id feel like if nothing else got bought-except bottles and formula- or done, then at least I would know who would be over seeing his well being and I could relax.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #20
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today I bought the crib, carseat and cradle swing. I also got a cute little sock monkey layette with matching socks
The only thing I might need are:
crib mattress-can't decide if going to buy new or just use the same old one
crib bedding-I might just use Farrahs old crib bedding to save $$
Pay Doula
Pay Midwife
Birth kit and birth tub liner
Carpets cleaned in both childrens bedrooms
Finish layaway payment for bunk beds and mattresses for my big girls
Changing table

Last edited by Edensmomma; 10-05-2012 at 01:14 PM.