Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
My husband is the same. Even when ds2 was only sleeping 20 mins of every hr for nights on end before we knew he had food allergies. He tried 2-3 times to walk him, but the screaming irritated him so I took the baby back rather then see him act rediculous AND Have to listen to my baby scream. He's not one for the baby stage; I wish he was. I am surrounded by men who seem to adore their babies & caring for them & it makes my heart ache, but ah, well.

mama to three sweet, rough & tumble boys who always keep me on my feet:
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Mini Vent session :)

I am curious, what happens if instead of trying to talk to him about it, you just ask or tell him to do it?

Like, say Saturday, he slept in, so what happens if when you go to bed Saturday night, you say something like "you got to sleep in this morning, so it's MY turn tomorrow. I need you to get up with the boys and take them downstairs/into the living room and let me sleep in a little bit. You had your turn this weekend, I get mine tomorrow."

Or, you say he hasn't changed a diaper, why happens if you hand him the kids and say "here, he has a poopy diaper, I need you to change it because I have to PEE...NOW. (even if you don't, make that part up, it's harder to argue with ) And then hand him a kid and a diaper (obviously, an easy one-aio, or something already prepped so he doesn't have to fold or pin or snappi or have any other excuse to play dumb) and go into the bathroom and hide.

Don't nag, don't make it an emotional discussion, just keep it really matter of fact and about this is just how it is. If he doesn't want to discuss it...then don't, just do it. Afterall, he IS daddy, he can certainly help out and do some daddy things. Just make it ASSUMED rather than something you beg for. Just assume, these are the things daddies do too. Don't let him put you in the position where you have to feel like you have to have some major discussion to get some help, just have it do it.

NOW, if he's going to argue and whine and complain, THEN I think having a big discussion is in order. But to start off, just assume that he's there to help parent his own kids and have him parent his kids.
Kim-married to Dan
Mama to Caiti (17), Rae Rae (4), Dani Lee(2), and CJ, born 10/12/12.
Stuff From Kim's Kloset That Special Moment Photography Also come check out Swagbucks with me!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote