Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Out there question about dogs...

my male dog has definitely tuned into this pregnancy. he was just a pup when i was pregnant with our son so not so much then. he is more my hubby's dog but since i've been pregnant he prefers me over my hubby. he is starting to back off now. he is actually sitting in my hubby's lap again and all that. up until this week he has only wanted me. he sits right next to me all the time and usually he lays on the other end of the couch. i love all the extra attention makes me feel better about the pregnancy. i'm almost into my second trimester now and i'm guessing that is why he is starting to pay attention to my hubby again.

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dog went crazy and was the opposite when I was pregnant. She would not sit on my lap, let me pet her or play with her. She would sit by me but not on me which was very strange because she didn't know how to stay off of a lap before that.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was preggo with Ds our cat, who I'm pretty sure hates me, would sleep wrapped around my head everynight and my dog wouldn't leave my side. I think animals have that sense and they know.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

My lab was this way. She knew (or at least I feel that she did) that I was pregnant with my last two children. She hung around me very closely from before I even knew. When I was sitting down, she always wanted her head in my lap too (which she had never done before).
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #15
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dog can tell when a woman is about to start her period. The only time he will sniff a crotch. Lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i hope it a good sign mama that your eggo is preggo!!! GL!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #17
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
My dog can tell when a woman is about to start her period. The only time he will sniff a crotch. Lol.
Yes! I read somewhere that we give off a scent that animals can detect that we are "in heat" so to speak. I've heard of bulls going after women on farms around here when they are in the field at about that time and I've heard that if you are hunting deer right before you get your period you have a better chance of seeing a buck! As far as I know, it's the same with pregnancy...we leave off a scent they can pick up.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani_Phen View Post
Yes! I read somewhere that we give off a scent that animals can detect that we are "in heat" so to speak. I've heard of bulls going after women on farms around here when they are in the field at about that time and I've heard that if you are hunting deer right before you get your period you have a better chance of seeing a buck! As far as I know, it's the same with pregnancy...we leave off a scent they can pick up.

I worked in a home that owned a 80ish lbs boxer and he def knew when my period was and thought of it as "in heat". We would always rough-house and wrasle around with his toys and one day he was so wired and I finally made the conection. I was only there one day every two weeks, so thankfully we didn't met up on my period often.