Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
mars817
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
some questions

Hello,

I have an almost 7 month old 21 lb son. I was thinking about getting a ring sling but is he too heavy for one of those? I have a moby (he hates it), an ergo(he hates it!) and a beco that he likes but I want something easier to get on/off and him in. I also thought he might like the way it carries better, but I worry it would hurt my shoulder. I have some neuropathy issues. I see on here lots of people like wovens, are they different than than the moby? Thanks!

Advertisement

mars817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: some questions

I had a Moby and it was great until around 16lbs. It was too stretchy and not supportive enough after that. I wore a ring sling with DD until ~20 lbs and then it was a little too much weight for one shoulder.

Personally, I think a buckled carrier is easier than a woven, but I'm short and I hate it when the ends of the fabric drag on the ground as I'm trying to tie it. The difference between a Moby and woven is the stretch. Wovens are not nearly as stretchy, therefore, much more supportive.
Shimpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: some questions

A good ring sling, I personally like wrap conversion ring slings, can be really nice for a baby that age. It's easy to put on and off (takes a few tries to get it correct, but practice makes perfect), small to put into a diaper bag/purse, and so on.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote