Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can we have a sidecar crib pic thread?

I am hoping to get pregnant in about a week (see siggy) and should that happen I want to side car the crib from day 5 (hey junior has to be a c-section baby). We live in the same house as we did when ds was a baby and side cared but we are now in the smallest bedroom (ds is in the largest). I am trying to figure out other then maybe getting a better crib for this if there are any other items that are good to have. How can you best have a nightstand for water and such with this set up?

Thank for the help!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can we have a sidecar crib pic thread?

We have our crib against a wall, the bed right up next to it, and a night stand on the other side of the bed, if that makes sense? I can post a pic tomorrow
Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is what we had the last time but I hate to crawl over DH to get my water bottle or whatever. Hmm....
Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
brookglen
Registered Users

I just set the crib up in front of the bed stand. It was one of the small arms reach co sleepers. Instead of having the baby up near my head she was more in line with my chest.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have an arms reach co sleeper attached to me bed as well. I wanted it up a bit higher near my head and that didn't leave room for my nightstand. I just put a small low bookcase between the sleeper and the wall and use that for my water, and nighttime diaper changing stuff etc... It's worked out very well.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a little hole where the rounded edge of my mattress makes a gap with the rounded edge of the crib mattress. I have my water bottle, a light/sound machine, and my babycomp shoved between the mattresses/in the hole.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

We used an arms reach cosleeper. I had it in front of the nightstand or used the pouches on it for storage depending on setup.

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe
Old 09-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

The side-car cribbed worked so great for us! I had 2 c-sections and it was a big help! It's all dismantled now since both boys have transitioned into their own room, but we had it up 4 years!

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As soon as I am able to get to my other comp, I will post the one I had with DD.

Her crib (co-sleeper too) was on my side of the bed. I enjoy co-sleeping but sometimes I need just 6" of space. I love having DS & DD close but they had their own space. I also did it so that I could have them on the side instead of the middle because DS's dad and DH both wiggled too much for them to be safe.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote