Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Rh- with positive antibody screen pp...

ty, hillargh and rohirette- this info helps!

Mo, wife to Ed, SAHM to Isaiah 3-04,Rosemary 1-07, John Paul 9-09, Ivy Ana 8-12, Azalea9-15
I teach Natural Family Planning! PM me for more info.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #12
Registered Users

Ironically, I just got my screen back and I have a positive antibody screen. The nurse called and said it was positive, but they will call on Monday to let me know what one and what needs to be done. Guess I spoke too soon?
Emily, wife to D , most of the time SAHM, part time sign language interpreter
Mama to S 5/29/09, A 1/27/11, H 11/16/12, C 11/6/14, and .
Emmers22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:

I have a positive antibody for E. I found out when I delivered my son, and had 2 more pregnancies (in the middle of the second). If you have questions about prenatal care, I'm happy to answer, if I can.
Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I became rH-sensitized during my first pregnancy - we figure the baby's blood mixed with mine because all my initial prenatal blood screens were fine (ironically, I found out when I went for the Rhogamm!). People are constantly asking me if I can't just get a shot for the condition, but once you're sensitized, it's too late. Since my husband has a positive blood type (+/+ as opposed to +/-) we will always make a baby with a positive blood type. Soooo... each one of my pregnancies is high-risk, and a higher risk each time.

I have no idea if it was related to the rH thing, but I was also diagnosed with IUGR and inefficient placenta because my 1st baby measured so small. She was a week early - I was induced because labor began but didn't progress - and measured just over 5lbs. Turns out that's her pattern - she's completely healthy but just small (but tall) for her age.

The second time around my anitibodies were worse, but the only issue that came up was excess amniotic fluid. They were going to induce me but luckily I went into labor on my own 3 wks early. Baby completely healthy, just slight jaundice.

I'm somewhat of a guinea pig because I guess this is unusual since I've had healthy babies. I'm currently 17wks pregnant with #3 and will begin weekly ultrasounds - and probably non-stress tests - like the last two pregnancies. We were going to wait until the baby was at a viable age but they told me my antibody #s were already higher than last time. I'm hoping for the best because my two children are perfectly healthy!
Mommy to Gwendolyn 11.19.07, Josiah 11.21.09, Adeline 2.20.13, & angel baby Shiloh
Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress

Last edited by karlitacat; 09-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote