Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: BF for birth control??

When BFing, I personally don't get AF until they fully wean (14-18 months), but then again when DS1 weaned at 14 months...AF never returned as DS2 was my first egg post BF.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathplyr

Thank you for solving the mystery! it seems nowadays women are infertile or hyperfertile with no middle ground. My mom spaced her kids 3 years apart and said it was b/c of breastfeeding. and I was so confused b/c myself and many of the moms I know are fertile right after baby with kids 18 months or fewer apart. but now I see that we have pesticides in our food which has hormones and everything is plastic now so we are exposed to bisphenol-a which is more hormones. we are really being bombarded with hormones. If you have any more words of wisdom on the subject please share!
If I started too much on this subject, I would take up more room than allowed. It's pretty easy to find info via google. Just make sure you choose a reputable site. Im not sure what interests you most but you could start with pthalates and fertility and go from there. I have rid our house of chemicals as much as possible and I still got AF at 4-1/2 mo. pp. Though all those chemicals are built up in our bodies so a detox from time to time is needed really. The stanley burroughs master cleanse is a good one (but NOT if preg or nursing). Im gonna get a raindrop massage soon and pump and dump once after because it is good for detox too.
Pthalates is known to feminise males so seems like that could be a big cause of male factor infertility cases. Pthalates are in detergent soaps cologne bodywash shaving cream dish soap, etc--almost everything with fragrance in it. So seems like that could be one of the reasons some females get pp af sooner than they used to. (Estrogenic effects) Ok. I gotta stop now.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
For the op--- i have gotten pregnant 4 times while bf'ing. I had already gotten af back, though. Hth. 3 ended in m/c, 1 is sitting in my lap
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
ktwamomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Breastfeeding as birth control can be very effective if it's done correctly. Its called ecological breastfeeding. Though what most people don't know or forget is that the return of fertility in mothers using Eco nursing perfectly varies. ON AVERAGE it's something like 6 months. But the range is 2-18 months. For that reason, I believe that it's irresponsible to rely on Eco nursing as your sole method of bc and that you should at least chart bbts. Since accurate bbts is the only way to confirm ovulation short of daily ultrasounds.
ktwamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: BF for birth control??

for our bff...not at all effective! her lo will be 11 months apart this coming May
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote