Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Getting a good fit? SSC and boba 3g

So I'm starting out a little late in the game. DD is 18 months and 23 lbs, but I want a ssc for our baby on the way. I just got a boba 3g and I've tried on an ergo. They both feel pretty good at first and then my shoulders start hurting with only about 10 minutes of wear. Is this just normal because I am just starting to bw and my body is getting use to it? I am not a muscular person. Or am I wearing it wrong? Can I adjust the straps so there is less weight on my shoulders and more weigh on my waist? I'm 5'3" and about 120 and 4 months pregnant. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I, personally, cannot use a SSC while pregnant. I can wrap or do a high back carry with a mei tai, but I can't get the waist tight enough pregnant.

I use a Boba, and it is my favorite SSC ever. I wear the waistband just above my hip bones and tight. Then I tighten the shoulder straps all the way. Keeping both tight puts all of the weight on my hips and none on my shoulders. You may just not be able to get the waist tight enough while pregnant.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Getting a good fit? SSC and boba 3g

Hmm, I also just looked more carefully at the boba instruction pictures and I am not wearing the waist high enough. It is fine if I can't use it much right now, because we seem to need it when I am with DH, and he says he'll use it. I just really want to use it with our new baby and bought it early, but maybe my little belly is already getting in the way.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Yes, that's a big part! The 4th gen Beco I had I wore low on my hips. The Boba is so much better above my actual hip bones, low on my waist. Once you find that sweet spot it's amazingly comfortable. And I'm not even a big SSC fan.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Getting a good fit? SSC and boba 3g

I just wanted to update that I *think* I found a good fit with my boba 3g. I've been wearing it on and off this morning running errands for 1.5-2 hours (and a little bit the last few days) and I feel great. I wear it on the top of my hips just under my growing belly. I don't know if I found the right spot, or my body is just adjusting to wearing it, but I think I am really going to like my boba.