Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you remember..

DS1 - O-3, O-2
DS2 - O-3
#3 (30w) - O-6

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by Bella Catalina; 09-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Bella Catalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
So you're saying if say I got a pos opk tomorrow I'd have to dtd either a few hours before O or the say of o and we could up our chances of a boy??? Hehe
YES that is true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
We just DTD a lot and end up pregnant. I've never tried to swing for a girl or a boy, but I'm not sure I believe the hype. We DTD every day to every other day and so I know for at least three of our pregnancies (minus this last one, since I was using a diaphragm) there has been adequate sperm constantly for days before O, and yet we always get boys.
Women that predominately have boys under circumstances like you have said usually have high acidic levels in their cm. It kills the sperm to quickly thus the girls never survive. This is something that can be altered with diet changes in some cases.

If You personally wanted to try for a girl, I would suggest as you find out for sure what your O day is then dtd 4 or 3 days before O and no more until a few days after you O. (if you have time to spare 4 days out is a better first start) If you do not get preggo move it up a day to 3days and if not again 2days, etc. If you are not getting preggo on the day 4 and/or 3 dtd then you prolly have high acidic levels in cm. You can still get a girl at day 2 but its more of a toss =)

BTW I did A LOT of research when I kept having girls- 3 in a row. Applying said methods I planned the next 2 boy babies. Then had 2 more boy babies after that both while breastfeeding so I wasn't really paying attention to when I was O'ing lol.
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adensmom View Post
OPK's are the trick! I got a pos opk on Sunday morning, and dtd sometime after midnight. O pains started Monday morning around 9 am. I wouldn't have been able to time it like that without the pos opk.
I was doing this and then discovered many months later that I actually get my positive opk after I O'd! I didn't think that was possible but told that it was by a professional. I don't think so its that way for me every month but often enough not to be able to trust it.

As an aside, does anyone know if you get o pains or confirmed o is it too late to try?

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to go with Holly and say that as much as someone might or might not try to sway gender - in the end its still 50/50

DS1 and DS2 were right around O..... however with DS3 i am POSITIVE about the date of his conception and when I O'd..... we DTD 5 days prior to O and now we have M Going by what you said, I should have a daughter - and I assure you i don't!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
I'm going to go with Holly and say that as much as someone might or might not try to sway gender - in the end its still 50/50

DS1 and DS2 were right around O..... however with DS3 i am POSITIVE about the date of his conception and when I O'd..... we DTD 5 days prior to O and now we have M Going by what you said, I should have a daughter - and I assure you i don't!
did you dtd after you o'd? 5 days is on the long side for sperm surviving?

it is jus a theory but everyone i know who knows for sure when they o'd that month and tried to gender sway has had sucess
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
did you dtd after you o'd? 5 days is on the long side for sperm surviving?
Very true - so imagine my shock when i peed on a stick 2 weeks later! And no - I am super positive there was no other BD'ing that month.... i still had a nursing 9mo old and poor DH was lucky to get it bi-monthly
Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
Very true - so imagine my shock when i peed on a stick 2 weeks later! And no - I am super positive there was no other BD'ing that month.... i still had a nursing 9mo old and poor DH was lucky to get it bi-monthly

Last edited by adensmom; 09-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.
adensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheliala View Post
I was doing this and then discovered many months later that I actually get my positive opk after I O'd! I didn't think that was possible but told that it was by a professional. I don't think so its that way for me every month but often enough not to be able to trust it.

As an aside, does anyone know if you get o pains or confirmed o is it too late to try?
I think there is a 12-24 hours period after o that the egg is viable. However, I've read that it's best for the swimmers to already be there waiting. But then again, if you search FF charts there are plenty of conceptions at O+1....