Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #181
amb2j's Avatar
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,830
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

I just have to pop in to say you Mamas are all so encouraging. I was initially open to leaving the size of my family up to God, but have swayed recently
:-((DH is more open to it than I am at the moment).

Lately Ive been praying for God to help me to be more open to His plan in all areas of my life. Its very inspiring for me to read about other Mamas who are so open to God's will! Praying my heart changes :-)!

Advertisement

__________________
April-Wife to hopeless romantic nuclear submariner DH WOHM to my rambunctious snuggler DS (08/10) who was born SMILING. and DD (2/13) my hero
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #182
christina2babyboys's Avatar
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern Mississippi!
Posts: 3,883
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?




Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
I just have to pop in to say you Mamas are all so encouraging. I was initially open to leaving the size of my family up to God, but have swayed recently
:-((DH is more open to it than I am at the moment).

Lately Ive been praying for God to help me to be more open to His plan in all areas of my life. Its very inspiring for me to read about other Mamas who are so open to God's will! Praying my heart changes :-)!
__________________
Born Again Christian helpmeet to Saul (3/06)
and Blessed SAHMother to 5 boys and 1 girl!
christina2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #183
fishingfor5's Avatar
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,547
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hi moms. I have enjoyed reading this thread very much. We have just recently, in the last 2 years, made the decision to open our hearts to God's plan for our childbearing. Two years ago we had dhs vasectomy reversed. A few months later we were pregnant with #5. We are loving having a little one back in our home. I would love to know what your feelings are on being pregnant in your 40s? Dh and I are both 40 and soon I turn 41. So I am curious if you think you will feel differently. I am honestly having moments of panic at the thought of being 49 and pregnant. I know it becomes less likely but it is still possible. So ladies if you could or would send me your input as well as some encouragement or supportive thoughts I would love to have them.

Again, it has been a blessing to read this thread.
__________________
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #184
jacandy's Avatar
jacandy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,197
I would love to read anything encouraging on this topic. Are there any books?
__________________
Amanda ~ Wife to J '09 & semi-crunchy, , SAHM to M '06 , L '10 , E '12 & R '13

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #185
mvp529's Avatar
mvp529
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North TX
Posts: 1,208
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacandy
I would love to read anything encouraging on this topic. Are there any books?
A Full Quiver- Hess. Excellent read
Be Fruitful and Multiply- Nancy Campbell

Both are very good resources!

Also nancy has a free magazine and many articles on her website- google Above Rubies Ministry.
__________________
Misty=Follower of Christ, homeschool, QF momma to 9 AND helpmeet to my best friend::
mvp529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #186
TPLmommy's Avatar
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacandy
I would love to read anything encouraging on this topic. Are there any books?
Books:

"Family UN-Planning"

"The Way Home"

"All The Way Home"

"The Duggars: 20 & Counting"

"A Love That Multiplies"

"Love Another Child" another

DVD:

Look up "Moore Family Films"

Blogs:

"Raising Olives"

"Life In A Shoe"



HTH!
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #187
oneduckstuck5's Avatar
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 147
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
Hi moms. I have enjoyed reading this thread very much. We have just recently, in the last 2 years, made the decision to open our hearts to God's plan for our childbearing. Two years ago we had dhs vasectomy reversed. A few months later we were pregnant with #5. We are loving having a little one back in our home. I would love to know what your feelings are on being pregnant in your 40s? Dh and I are both 40 and soon I turn 41. So I am curious if you think you will feel differently. I am honestly having moments of panic at the thought of being 49 and pregnant. I know it becomes less likely but it is still possible. So ladies if you could or would send me your input as well as some encouragement or supportive thoughts I would love to have them.

Again, it has been a blessing to read this thread.

Just wanted to say this sounds exactly like our story! I also have those moments of panic about age/pregnancy. I'm currently 38 and just had our 6th on Aug. 4. l'll be looking for advice from any others who've btdt as well.

We are loving having little ones in our house again too! It's amazing how excited and helpful the older kids are with new babies.
__________________
Sarah, married to dh 17 years

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #188
HisGrace's Avatar
HisGrace
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 500
Hi! I just found this thread and have enjoyed reading. My name is Karen and my husband and I also believe in leaving our family size up to God. It took us a little while into our marriage to come to this but we are so happy we did! After years of infertility we were blessed with our first daughter (18 months) and shortly there after our second daughter (6 months). We are currently using NFP to avoid temporarily at the moment (I have a health concern that is requiring a medication that is not safe while pregnant). We believe in only preventing pregnancy (by natural means only) only in grave circumstances. It's so nice to meet like minded mommas! I don't know any locally.

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse the autocorrect craziness.
__________________
Wife to Kevin (10/21/06) SAHM to Mary-Grace (3/21/11) after years of infertility , Hannah (3/23/12) , and Jude (2/13/14)
HisGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #189
christina2babyboys's Avatar
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern Mississippi!
Posts: 3,883
My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Awesome!! I only knew about a few of these resources!! Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy View Post
Books:

"Family UN-Planning"

"The Way Home"

"All The Way Home"

"The Duggars: 20 & Counting"

"A Love That Multiplies"

"Love Another Child" another

DVD:

Look up "Moore Family Films"

Blogs:

"Raising Olives"

"Life In A Shoe"



HTH!
__________________
Born Again Christian helpmeet to Saul (3/06)
and Blessed SAHMother to 5 boys and 1 girl!
christina2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #190
memaof6and1's Avatar
memaof6and1
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 10
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

We have let God do the deciding. We have a 22 yr,20 yr, 16 yr, 12 yr, 9 yr and one due in Nov. Not sure why the big span we thought we were done and gave everything away. God had other plans
memaof6and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.