Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! How do you juggle preschool kids?

My nanny takes DD2 to preschool one day a week, and when the older kids went to private preschool 2 days a week, she drove him and DD1. Last year, DD1 was in preschool 5 days a week for pre-K.

Now DD1 is in Kindy, and DS goes to developmental preschool, and they both ride the bus. DD2 is only 18 months, so she only goes 1 day a week from 9-3.

DS has lots of therapy and doctors appointments, so she has to take him to those appointments too.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #22
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! How do you juggle preschool kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I would either look for a full day program or seek out another parent's help. Is there an AM option?
The PreK my daughter is in is through the school district. She actually didn't even qualify for it at first because she wasn't "at risk" (I guess that means we didn't fit the criteria based on educational and financial need) but then they opened up a third, PM class that she was accepted in to. So no, in this situation we had no option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrodjm View Post
DD1 goes to a full day pre-k 8-4. Last year she went for a half-day in the morning but DH's shirt start in the afternoon and I worked part-time so it was easy to manage.

My niece goes to a daycare that has a pre-k class, but is still full-day. Is that not an option for you?
I wish! We just moved to a pretty small town and I outside of the school PreK that she is currently enrolled in I could only find ONE other preschool program, and it was full. I absolutely don't regret it, because my daughter LOVES going to school and is so excited every day - her face just lights up when she tells me about everything they did that day.

We ended up hiring a nanny who comes to our house. I don't *love* her, she is young and inexperienced, but I think she really likes being around kids. She has to take my carseats every day to get my DD to school, which is a pain, but...it's really the only scenario I could figure out. I looked in to another daycare that possibly had transportation, but then health stuff came up with my son and I'm scared to put him back in a daycare situation now because of how sick he got last winter.

We are going to keep the young nanny for now and see how it goes.