Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
mamaspice
Registered Users

Breakthrough!

Today my 11 month old signed potty. I pointed her in the direction of the potty, she walked over and needed a little help sitting down, but peed!

She "practiced" a few more times, signing and having me put her on but no pee.

Then, she signed it in the kitchen. I walked into the living room by her potty and told her to come go potty, signing potty and pointing at it. Evidently she thought I was cueing her because she peed right on the floor! Next time I will help her get closer to the target.

But, she gets it! *Happy Dance* Big step from the potty pause we were at a month ago!

Advertisement

mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
R055ANA
Registered Users

Re: Breakthrough!

Thanks for sharing your story mamaspice!

So nice to read about a LO using her signs!

Wishing you more signing and pee making it in the potty. What great communication!
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
R055ANA
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing your story mamaspice!

So nice to read about a LO using her signs!

Wishing you more signing and pee making it in the potty. What great communication!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
mamaspice
Registered Users

So the last couple of days dd has been learning to back up to the potty and sit on it herself. She still doesn't always want to stay there long enough to go though. This am I tried to potty her and she wasn't into it, so I put on a clean diaper and left the room for a minute. I heard a little grunt and went into check on her...

I found her sitting on the potty, backwards, with her diaper on! She had just peed. She gets it, we just need to get all the pieces together at the same time!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cute!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
R055ANA
Registered Users

Hi there mamaspice!

That's so cool that your DD tried to sit on the potty and pee. You are right about her getting all the pieces together at the same time - that will come soon.

Is it possible that you offer her special toys that she can only use while on the potty? This may give her a chance to relax enough to go.

I would also suggest that you try to let her go w/o a diaper for some part of the day so she can learn to observe her need to go and then actually see herself going. Diapers hide that and maybe having her w/o the diaper will bring awareness.

Keep us posted and best wishes!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
mamaspice
Registered Users

How about I just turn this thread into my own little ec journal, shall I?

The Oh Crap moment of the day: This morning, I put dd on the potty straight out of her nighttime diaper and she had a big pee in there. Then she stood up and the little potty stuck to her damp skin and poured the pee out onto the carpet in her room. Doh! I have been so careful to not let her be nakey on the carpet and still ended up with pee on it. Oh well, I sprayed it down with Nature's Miracle and hopefully it will not stink.

The Oh, Yeah moment of the day: DD was nursing and bit me (usually a surefire potty sign, albeit painful) so I took off her diaper and sat her on the potty in the living room with a book. She popped up and wanted nothing to do with it. I proceeded to go into kitchen and start fixing dinner while she played. I peeked around the corner to check on her and realized that I had completley spaced the fact that I had left her diaper off and it had been quite a while. I started puddle hunting around the house. Guess where I found the puddle? In the potty! Yay! She had stopped what she was doing, taken herself to the potty, and resumed playing without me even knowing it!

I think she is all about independence and doing it herself right now.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've spilled a potty once too, whoops. Fantastic about finding the puddle in the potty! Keep up the journal entries. Hearing these things is very encouraging to those of us ECing infants
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
mamaspice
Registered Users

She is my first, and I went into it thinking I would give it a try and see what happened. I definitely went through periods where I wondered why I was doing it at all.

I can't tell you how exciting it is to have the pieces start coming together! It works!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing! Really encouraging for me to read your "journal"
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote