Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Im having a sleep study done but am nursing WTD?

DS is 8 months will be closer to 9 at the sleep study. I am having surgery. Anyways I have to have the sleep study so they can see how i will hand anesthesia? i dunno something on our insurance crazy policy. Im not really sure what to do? Any advice? I dont think they will just let me bring him with me.

Advertisement

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmm, that's a tough one mama. Have you asked if he can come with you? Of they want an accurate study done then you need to be as comfortable as possible. That includes not worrying about how your LO is doing.
If they are firm and say no, then can your dh start trying to give a bottle of expressed milk if he still wakes at night? If he's still half asleep he may not notice its a bottle and not a boob.

Autocorrect has helped me type this.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Im having a sleep study done but am nursing WTD?

I would ask the people doing the test what they suggest. Good luck!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not sure if this helps. Ds had a sleep study done and needed a parent to sleep with him. They said it was no problem for me to bring dd along.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did one with DS and was not allowed to cosleep with him, and not allowed to bring anyone else. I would call and ask. Part of the test is how many times you wake up, and with a baby there, it wouldn't be accurate.

DS was originally going to do one at an adult clinic, but they said if he cried even once in the night, we had to leave so we wouldn't disturb other patients. We had to find a different clinic and went to a pediatric one.

Can you wait a few months til you are not nursing?
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 09-21-2012 at 10:30 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

no i usually nurse past 2 and with insurance our deductible and all that fine stuff so it a short time line. Ive been pumping so i may try to nurse him right before i go in and then dh will have milk here. may be a long night for him! I plan to ask but like you all said i bet they will say no.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote