Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyteacher

There is no scar tissue anywhere bc it was never attached. After the plasti bell fell off we pull it back to clean it so it doesn't reattach and him have to have another circumcision.
Either way, reattaching is the penis' way of healing itself. The skin belongs there. So any left after a circ will try to readhere (just like the foreskin would have if it were never touched in the first place). It will release on its own, naturally just like the rest of the foreskin would have.

Here is a link. The part "Your son's foreskin is "adhered" to the glans" explains the problem with retracting that little bit of foreskin left from the circ.
http://www.thewholenetwork.org/14/po...rcumcised.html

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #22
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision question

My boys have had the same thing...it's called "hidden penis" or something like that. It's from the fat pocket because they are so chubby. The older boys have outgrown it. My youngest still has it. I can tell you that if you DON'T clean it, it gets irritated and potentially infected very quickly. It's not the same as retracting an un-circ'd penis. It needs to be cleaned
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #23
OHIOFIFI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Circumcision question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
My boys have had the same thing...it's called "hidden penis" or something like that. It's from the fat pocket because they are so chubby. The older boys have outgrown it. My youngest still has it. I can tell you that if you DON'T clean it, it gets irritated and potentially infected very quickly. It's not the same as retracting an un-circ'd penis. It needs to be cleaned
I agree. My DS does the same and once a day or so I gently push it back to cleanse. Otherwise, it gets a funky smell and I can see "dirt" trapped in the skin folds which get irritated. Then, DS starts pulling on it and makes it worse.