Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What's up with my kid (7yr old)

Oh goodness! The last 2 or 3 days he's been soooooo whiney. He bawls at the drop of a hat. He's grouchy and snippy with me and his siblings. He's whiney about EVERYTHING. He says he 'don't feel good' but provides no information besides that. He's not running a temp, I looked down his throat and it's not red or anything. He's not been coughing excessively or having a runny nose. Just moody as all get out.

Any ideas? 7 year old PMS or something? LOL (he's a boy so...but I swear men get PMS too...)

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Papayamom
Registered Users

Re: What's up with my kid (7yr old)

Did school start recently for him? I found that my girls are both going through emotions now that the excitement of a new year has worn down and they are in the thick of it. Earlier bedtimes helped a bunch!
Papayamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We homeschool...we started school toward the beginning of August.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
keysersoze
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In Waldorf circles, there's a lot of emphasis on the 7 year change, which can begin anywhere from 5.5 to 7 years old; basically, it's like a first adolescence -- lots of developmental changes all at once, making kids irritable, clingy, boundary-testing, etc. to a huge degree. Some things that may help: lots and lots of physical outlets for big energy burn; more responsibilities at home to mark him as a "big person" especially in contrast to younger siblings; space to feel his emotions and gentle, yet firm boundaries and expectations.

This page has some information on dealing with the seven-year change from a waldorf perspective.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
taylor's mom
Registered Users

dd's been like that since she was almost 6yo (she'll be 7 in nov). i've chalked it up to being in school now and starting to test boundaries but feeling very out of control with any increase in "freedom" so to speak. it's certainly a glimpse into what the teenage years will bring, though i'm unrealistically hoping she gets it out of her system now lol. the days that she is super emotional, cries if we speak to her, etc, i find that she's overtired. a good nap, even though it takes a good bit of tantrum from her to get her to nap, usually restores her to her normal self.