Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

anyone tried Bogs baby/toddler boots?

Like these http://www.shoebuy.com/bogs-baby-boot/552318/1149122? Are they warm enough for snowboots in a cold climate, maybe paired with wool socks?

OK, I ordered a couple pairs from Zappos for my almost 2 & almost 4 YOs. They're away visiting their grandparents for the week so I can't have them try them out yet. These are quite light, lighter than regular toddler snowboots. The soles have a fair amount of flex to them. Nothing like a See Kai Run shoe, but way more flexible than regular boots. They seem a little narrower than my See Kai Runs which are pretty wide. And they're flat, no heel. There's a faux fur lining on the inside. I suspect my boys may need some wool socks to go with them for warmth, but other than that I'm pretty happy with them for fairly minimalistic toddler boots.

Advertisement

Last edited by caedmyn; 10-12-2012 at 10:34 AM.
caedmyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
mumtwiceover
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: anyone tried Bogs baby/toddler boots?

Bogs are awesome - very warm - the only thing is they are pretty heavy - I've never had the baby bogs but I get them for my older daughter (whose 16 years and winter camps in Northern Ontario in Feburary and wears them) and I'm getting my 2.5 year old them for this winter (we're in S. Ontario) - they are perfect for our winters since we get so much slush - they are water proof and VERY warm.

For a non walking baby I would probably pass only because they are so heavy and (for me at least) somewhat expensive!!!
mumtwiceover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
hibiscus869
Registered Users

They are great boots because they can be used in dirt, mud, rain AND snow. They are definitely warm enough for winter even with regular socks. They are expensive but if you can afford them they are totally worth it. I always size up on boots so that they'll last more than one season.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
They are the best. The whole family has them.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We wear them in WI during the fall, winter and spring. When it's really cold I wear wool socks. I would skip it for a baby too.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

For those that have them, do you recommend them for a beginning walker? We live in a snowy, cold place, and my lo needs appropriate (waterproof & warm), footwear for outdoor chores. I heard these were a good choice. Most of the warm footwear is so heavy, with hard fixed soles.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

I bought a pair for my 2.5 year old DS, and loved how flexible they were. Unfortunately, they were a bad fit for him. The size 11 was the perfect length, but twice as wide as his foot. They are also pretty heavy and have no fasteners, so every time he took a step, the boot would start to fall off. I took them back to get something with velcro straps instead.

They are definitely worth looking at, but have your kids try them on before buying.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
For those that have them, do you recommend them for a beginning walker? We live in a snowy, cold place, and my lo needs appropriate (waterproof & warm), footwear for outdoor chores. I heard these were a good choice. Most of the warm footwear is so heavy, with hard fixed soles.
I did find one review of them on Zappos where the reviewer said they had quite flexible soles. I think everyone who is posting on this thread has only tried the boots made for bigger kids (as these only come in toddler sizes 4-10), so it's hard to say how heavy these are really compared to those. They have less sole and less insulation, and I think they're shorter, so I would expect them to be lighter as well, but who knows by how much.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
msmueller1983
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd has a toddler size 9 and they're constructed exactly like mine (hard sole, heavy, etc) but the ones you posted have a fleece inner so they might be constructed differently... But we love them!

msmueller1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #10
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Stonz booties for a new walker. :-)
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote