Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #151
rebekkahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gahh!! This is why so many cloth newbies have laundry issues!

Curiousity gets me here... why does everyone say that Tide will void warranties? What is everyone expecting Tide to do to the diapers?

I've been cloth diapering for almost a year now. Hot wash my diapers in tide and baking soda and then cold rinse with some vinegar. I throw some bleach in if the load happens to be really stinky but other than that don't do anything real special and my diapers seem to be performing exactly the same as they were at the beginning.

Can't figure out what the big deal is, why are all the manufacturers so afraid of Tide???

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #152
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekkahm
Curiousity gets me here... why does everyone say that Tide will void warranties? What is everyone expecting Tide to do to the diapers?

I've been cloth diapering for almost a year now. Hot wash my diapers in tide and baking soda and then cold rinse with some vinegar. I throw some bleach in if the load happens to be really stinky but other than that don't do anything real special and my diapers seem to be performing exactly the same as they were at the beginning.

Can't figure out what the big deal is, why are all the manufacturers so afraid of Tide???
Beats me. :/
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #153
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I've heard things like the brighteners in tide will coat the fabrics and cause repelling.. Ive never ever had that actually happen nor is tide even alone in having brighteners.
I did have to swich from tide because ever since they changed to the ultra my DD gets rashes she does alright with the Free N clear but I'm less than impressed with its cleaning. I'm now using Dreft which I found best with my first DD *skin wise* and so far the same with my current. I'e been down the diaper "safe" hopla road those thigns jsut do NOT work for me at all diapers are left stinky and stained and DD poor skin..
Now suprisingly I've actually found I do need way way less detergent than I was previously comfortable with. my Loads are on the smaller side around 8-10 diapers is an average load here and I use 1 heaping table spoon of non HE Dreft which is about 1/3ish to the 1 line.. But with this I STILL get thick suds my diapes aren't just sloshing around in just slightly soapy water matter of fact even with this I still have to run 2 cycles to get it rinsed. I do also add Bleach in my prewash.. I'm ULTRA picky though I expect diapers to come out completely stain free I expect them to smell like nothing and I expect to not have ammonia or other stink issues or rash issues latter.. I guarentee you if I did or if I ever do the FIRST thing will be to deep clean.. Once I add soem more diapers to my stash I also expect to increase my detergent amount.
They are diapers they NEED to be cleaned!

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #154
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do have to say that I like the RnG Hard Rock which is specifically for hard water. However, I ignore the detergent amount recommendations and just use more. It works well for us since my lo has really sensitive skin and can't tolerate Tide.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #155
March
Registered Users
seller

There are several manufacturers who 'approve' Tide Free & Gentle. I am not a store owner, but I am a Social Media Director for a store, and when moms seem to have exhausted their eco-friendly options and ask me for my opinion, I tell them that I use Tide F&G and that almost all of our manufacturers' warranties are not invalidated by its use.

I *do* get build-up from Tide, and I *do* have to rinse more than I'd like to have to, and, frankly, too much detergent will leave a residue that bacteria can attach to and it will be more difficult to rinse it out--there is truth to that, and sometimes lessening the amount of detergent, if the detergent is effective at cleaning in your water but is building up, is the key alteration to make to a wash routine.

But the simpler-ingredient, clean-rinsing detergents don't seem to even dissolve in our well water. Even other petrochemical brands don't seem to do anything in our water. Tide F&G seems to be magically formulated for my neighborhood's water; my neighbors all seem to agree! Haha.

I'd rather keep our clients in cloth and happy with it, for sure. Our owners certainly seem to agree! However, the majority of our clients, especially the ones who live within city limits, are perfectly satisfied with Charlie's, Rockin' Green, or the Thirsties detergents.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #156
armywife21
Registered Users

Prerinse, tide up to the 1 line, rinse and dry it doesn't have to be any harder.
armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote