Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How did you know you wanted 3?

My husband and I have two a 4 year old boy and 9 month old girl. We always thought we would be done after one but I'm sure we will have at least three. Our kids get along amazingly and I couldn't ask for anything more! My son loves his little sister and today asked me when we were gonna have another baby in the house!

katherineemmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

is it unfair to your kids to only have 2? i feel like i might only want 2, but then i think it would be nice for my kids to each have 2 people to lean on. i'm sure i'll know more about how i feel once #2 arrives (due on saturday!) but i just don't know. i don't want to have any regrets. i guess we'll see how it goes with 2. i mean, no one can really tell us when our family feels's something dh and i have to recognize.

does anyone that is just one of 2 kids feel like they wish they had more?
Nicci...PT WOHM, CDing, bottle feeding, non-cosleeping, vax-ing mama to A 5/7/11 and M 9/9/12 , expecting a newbie 3/22/14! married to the most incredible man and my bff J 6/11/10
nbert921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

I always thought I would want a lot of kids. At least 4. Here I am with 2, and I feel 'done'. I have kept all of my baby items, but I will admit, I don't want to. I am just keeping them in case we have an 'oops', or in case I wake up one morning and decide I want #3. But I feel like I have had my fill of crying, carrying around babies that can't walk yet, fussy teething, spit-up, more spit-up, etc. I know there is SO much more that comes with babies, I love the happiness, the giggles, the smell of 'baby', the warm, soft skin. I love babies, I do. But I feel 'done'.

I am the oldest of 7, and while I love my brothers and sisters, my parents could only financially, emotionally, and mentally handle 4. It has been a breaking point for their marriage, their finances, and their stress level is high.

If you feel you might want to be done, take comfort in that feeling. It's OK. My husband is an only child, and he loved his childhood. He had cousins to play with, and his people to fall back on as a child were his parents, friends, relatives. Now he has me, and our kids, and my family. Your children will have lots of love, regardless of how many siblings they have.

Just make sure YOU can handle it - mentally, emotionally, financially. You never know where you will be in 3 years. It may change your mind about your 'decision' completely. I am just taking it one step at a time.
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote