Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: This is just CRUEL.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
My last 2 were 35 and 36wks. They were 2 sets of twins, but still. I'm now 37wks and going strong. I feel like I should have popped already! LOL. However, I will say, I don't really want this baby to come till I'm at least 38. I don't want a baby that needs any NICU time or extra care either. So, it's a catch 22. But, after next Monday...this baby better make his entrance!!
I hear ya!! Nicu babies are stressful! I know they come when they are ready but goodness, I'm ready to meet her! Lol. And I'm ready for my husband to be home to help!
I'll be thinking about you come Monday and watching for an update! Lol.

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I guess I should add that I super antsy after 37 weeks for the baby to come because I have lupus. Women with lupus have a fairly high rate of still birth after 40 compared to healthy women.

Most OBs and midwives like to induce women with lupus to enssure an alive baby (which I totally get). So come 37 weeks I start all the tricks to get labor going to avoid induction. I figure if babies not ready they wont come but both of my came pretty easy!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Scary stuff mama. Sending positive and healthy vibes your way!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsmama View Post
I hear ya!! Nicu babies are stressful! I know they come when they are ready but goodness, I'm ready to meet her! Lol. And I'm ready for my husband to be home to help!
I'll be thinking about you come Monday and watching for an update! Lol.
It is stressful. I learned with my last set of twins that you can't predict if they will need NICU time. Just because most babies born at that gestation don't doesn't mean yours won't. My 35wk twins didn't need any. We assumed my 36wker's wouldn't either because most twins don't at 36wks and my 35'ers went home with me. Wrong! One of them needed 11 days because his lungs weren't mature enough. So, while I really do want this baby to come, I'd rather carry him around in my belly than leave him in the NICU. I'm sure you know what I mean. I'd like to think that if he comes after 38wks, he'll be good to go.

Oh and btw, I said I'm 37wks without even thinking. Technically, I'm not 37wks till tomorrow. It's 9pm here.

I wish you good labor vibes and that you won't be available to check on me next Monday.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #14
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS came at 36w0d and I was done being pregnant around 34 weeks... like crying and miserable done. If I ever had another baby, I don't know how I'd make it longer than 36wks (I mean, I would do it, but I imagine it would suck). Thankfully DS was just ready to come out at 36wks. He was 7lbs 14oz and required no NICU time.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #15
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I guess I should add that I get super antsy after 37 weeks for the baby to come because I have lupus. Women with lupus have a fairly high rate of still birth after 40 weeks compared to healthy women.

Most OBs and midwives like to induce women with lupus to enssure an alive baby (which I totally get). So come 37 weeks I start all the tricks to get labor going to avoid induction. I figure if babies not ready they wont come but both of my came pretty easy!

Interesting, my mom was diagnosed with lupus after her pregnancies, but went into labor at 25, 31, and 37 weeks naturally. I really think that the autoimmune issues were to blame.
I sympathize, OP. First was born right at 40 weeks but the second was a whole week overdue!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess if it is anything different than your first it's miserable. My first two were 39w6d and it didn't seem long to me because it was what I was used to. I'm 1 day overdue now and just soooooooo ready to be done!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
Interesting, my mom was diagnosed with lupus after her pregnancies, but went into labor at 25, 31, and 37 weeks naturally. I really think that the autoimmune issues were to blame.
I sympathize, OP. First was born right at 40 weeks but the second was a whole week overdue!
There is a prenatal lupus. You can get it during or after pregnancy.

Lupus is usually triggered by large hormone changes. Puberty, pregnancy or menopause.
I've had lupus since I was a teenager.
I get very nervous the longer I go. We also have fertility problems so that on top of a still birth would kill me.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #18
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD1 induced 40w2d
DD2 induced 37w
DD3 naturally 38w5d
DD4 naturally 40w
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #19
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still pregnant!!! 39 and 2! This is crazy! Labored all day last tues and then it just stopped! Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for this pregnancy and health but am sooooo wanting to me this baby and have my hubby home from work!!

Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #20
ingrid5699
Registered Users

LOL I KWYM-my first was born at 38+0 and my 2nd went all the way to 40+5....
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote