Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hang in there! I worked until the last day for that reason! I worked Friday the 15th(my due date!) And my water broke Sat! He was born on the 19th. You never know when they're coming!

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never been in your situation, but I'm sure it stinks. Hang in there, maybe because baby is taking so long you'll have a fast easy labor.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For me, the worst part about being overdue....

With my first I worked as close to my due date as possible. She was due on a Tuesday the 12th and I worked up until the previous Friday, the 9th. Started having contracting that last day of work and she was born on Monday the 11th.

With my second, I thought the previous experience was cutting it a bit too close so I took off a week before. He was due on a Friday the 13th, I went into labor on Wednesday, the 11th and he was born Thursday, the 12th.

So I thought I was doing the same thing with this one. It was totally up to me when to take off and I was just being cautious. I totally could have worked all of last week, but I probably have benefited from the rest. My job is flexible enough that if I started having contractions, I could have left as soon as I needed. Oh well to that. For DH it's more complicated. He works alternating 12 hours shifts. Getting off at a moments notice during a day shift is not a big deal, but he can't just drop everything and come home during a night shift. He was scheduled for 3 night shifts this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) and took off because of me. It's been great having him home and we've gotten a lot of stuff done, but I hate that we are eating up his few vacation days.

Annnnd. My dad flew in and only has two days left before he goes back home.

So, yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I'll try some of the suggestions here, but otherwise, all I can do is wait.

Last edited by marvelous; 09-22-2012 at 12:01 PM.
marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya. They pulled me from work at just under 38wks with my dd and I was distraught thinking I'd possibly "waste" 4 of my 12 weeks FMLA sitting around waiting for baby. "luckily" my BP went up when I was 38w3d and they induced me so really, I was only out 3 days before I had her.

With my 2nd - I worked on my due date (a friday) - and planned to keep working. Monday was a holiday and I had an appointment that day. They said they'd induce me the next morning since my BP wasn't "playing nice" again - so he came that tuesday evening and I ended up not being out any days before he came, since Monday was a holiday and I got holiday pay for it

This one... I don't want to be induced. I know I may not be able to help it, but I'd love to see what going into labor actually is like. I'm going to try my hardest to just push through the misery and keep working to preserve all my days for after baby.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #15
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here it is another Monday and I'm still pregnant. I really wouldn't mind getting up and going to work.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by marvelous; 09-24-2012 at 06:32 AM.
marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote