Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #11
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

Re: When did you tell?

My first pregnancy, we told our parents and immediate family at 7 weeks when the pregnancy was confirmed. The we told most everyone else at 9 weeks.

This pregnancy, I got a DPO at 5 weeks, told a friend at 7 weeks so she could watch DD while I went to the OB. We told our parents at 9 weeks, and announced to everyone else at 12 weeks with a pic of the US on facebook I told my boss at 9 weeks, but the rest of the office at 12 weeks.

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I told my closest family and friends pretty soon after I took the test. I figured that even if something happened, those would be the people I would lean on for support anyway. I waited to make the news widespread until after 12 weeks. Actually, I think I announced on Facebook by posting my 20 week ultrasound.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS 1: 6 weeks, we wanted our family and friends to know so we could have lots of support, well wishes, and prayers
DS 2: 7 weeks, a week before DS 1 first bday Wanted them to know before we announced at the party. We saw no reason to keep this one hidden since we didn't with the first
DS 3: COMPLETE suprise, took me a while to wrap my head around, didn't feel like dealing with all the "you know what causes that right?" comments, so we waited until after our first sono at about 12 weeks To my surprise, everyone has been much more supportive and a lot less snippity than I had imagined! Thank goodness!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

With DS, we announced at 12 weeks because we wanted to tell our families in person, and that was the first time we could get them all together.

With DD, we announced at just over 8 weeks at DS's first birthday party - again, because both of our families were present. I'd already had an U/S showing perfect development and a heartbeat, otherwise I would have been hesitant to announce so early.

ETA - I forgot - With DD we told my mom and a few close friends within a few days of getting a BFP. I also told my cousin because it meant that I was going to be a 37-weeks-pregnant bridesmaid in her wedding, and I wanted to make sure that she was cool with that.

Last edited by sisu; 10-01-2012 at 02:13 PM.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

pretty much right away with all of them. DS1 we called her the day after my positive test. DS2 we told her in person about a week later. DS3 was also about a week. This one, assuming all is well, we are waiting til Christmas. I will be 16 weeks.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

we told right away with them all. But were selective. For instance, close friends/family knew immediately. Then as the pregnancy progressed, other, less close friends found out.

I've never experienced a loss, so I see no reason to wait to tell. Plus, if I DID have a loss, I'd want the support of my closest family/friends anyway.

I've never understood waiting to tell when you haven't had any past complications.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

First baby: told parents right after the positive test. My sister was fasting and praying for us and I didn't want her to have to continue when I was already pregnant. A friend found out at about 7 weeks because we had an ER visit that coincided with a dinner we were having with her and it seemed easier to tell the truth than make up an elaborate lie. Work and everyone else: 13 weeks. Except DH told his work earlier, cause he's a horrible secret keeper.

Second Baby: told my mom at 9 weeks (maybe it was 8?) because she flew up to go camping with us and it would have been difficult to hide my first trimester uncomfortableness. Then the other parents the next week. And my friends after my 11 week ultrasound. Now, I don't really announce it, but sometimes it weaves into conversations.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #18
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

First baby: I told my sister first, rift after telling my husband... She was the only one who knew that we were trying. I wanted to give her lots of time to process it, as she had lost her son a year earlier. She told my mom, who told my dad. At 9 weeks or so we told my SIL, who told my MIL, who told EVERYBODY - including my step son. He had suffered the loss of 3 grandparents, 2 pets and his best friend, so we wanted to protect him from also suffering a miscarriage with us.

Needless to say, this time around nobody is being told until we want everyone to know - which we've decided will be through my Halloween costume.. And I'll be about 15 weeks.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #19
kanga1622
Registered Users

We usually wait until 9-10 weeks to start telling family. We need to see/hear heartbeat to feel comfortable sharing as we've had 2 losses.

Work usually gets told at 12-13 weeks except for my direct supervisor since I tend to require a little extra monitoring upfront.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

I told everyone right away. As soon as I got a positive pregnancy test then again when dr confirmed it. I figured if anything happened I'd want my family around so I went ahead & told everyone.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote